lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2020, 07:40 AM   #1
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default I need to replace my keyed on switch is there a better one to use with a volt meter

It become very difficult to turn and you can't just put the key in and go you have to play with it for a bit so is there a double pole switch that can be used for the power on the meter?

to clarify is there a 3 or 4 pole keyed switch that takes the place of the stock single pole keyed switch ?
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need to replace my keyed on switch is there a better one to use with a volt met

here is an Amazon aftermarket switch that has 2 poles (4 contact points)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZKKZ2YK...03_03_t_img_lh

and here is the stock replacement
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

usaully a two pole switch will have 2 separate contact closures, one makes the circuit to enable the car and one can make a contact closure to say be used on a 12 volt circuit, like triggering a relay closure to power the 12 volt voltage reducer
Old 10-26-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need to replace my keyed on switch is there a better one to use with a volt met

The Ezgo switch has 1 36v and 1 12v input -
position 1 is off
position 2 is 36v on
position 3 is 36 and 12 volts on

I don't know of another switch that works like this but you could use 2 switches.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

Here is how the stock 3 position switch is wired to the stock state of charge meter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg state_of_charge_key.jpg (39.6 KB, 0 views)
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #5
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwarmiller View Post
Here is how the stock 3 position switch is wired to the stock state of charge meter.

hmmm

my current keyed switch looks just like the second one I posted from Amazon and is just 2 connections a single pole single throw, does anyone have asource for the one shown above?
Old 10-27-2020, 06:30 AM   #6
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
hmmm

my current keyed switch looks just like the second one I posted from Amazon and is just 2 connections a single pole single throw, does anyone have asource for the one shown above?
the after market one you posted is like the diagram above... key switch w/lights

i use the same one
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:11 AM   #7
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinnegan View Post
the after market one you posted is like the diagram above... key switch w/lights

i use the same one
I ordered that one and will give it a try. thank you
Old 10-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
I ordered that one and will give it a try. thank you
One thing I should point out is that the picture I attached makes it appear that there are 5 'tabs' on the back of the key switch. There are only 4 with both the red and green wires connected to the 'B' tab.

Also, if desired, you can wire the key switch to be more like a car switch where position 1 is off, 2 is accessories, and 3 is run+accessories.
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO