lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2014, 02:42 AM   #21
wiskey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Built my own speaker pods

where could i mount them on the front
wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #22
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Duk Dog,

How much did you have to pay for the caps. I checked the local plumbing supply and they were $26 a piece. Seemed awfully high to me.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #23
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

I paid about $11.00 at Menards for mine, I used as wheels for my grandson's spin out trick three wheeler cause you couldn't' purchase wheels for it.
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You have to look at the intended use for the caps. I assume the prices you saw were for pressure rated caps. Look for caps for sewer lines (non-pressure rated) and they'll be cheaper. You can also buy them online.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #25
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I done this for my RZR also, I used the thicker cap and pipe so the speaker would fit better. Lowes about 12 bucks each and atached with 1 1/2 U bolts.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #26
jonequest
Gone Wild

Not trying to get off topic because I love the PVC cap idea for back pods! But in case you want fronts as well on the cheap, here is how to do speakers in the front. Parts needed are: some insulation grabbed from my attic, a length of L shaped aluminum that is cut into small brackets to screw mount speakers, two plastic sheets that you cut to the speaker holes and shape to the inner dimensions of the L & R cubbys, some black grill cloth, (mine was something used to drape over a table at a trade show years ago), and finally some cheap speakers from Wal-Mart. I had everything in my garage except the speakers and I may upgrade them one day. The last photo is my radio and amp under the front cowl. I wanted to show the little bracket that helps keep the radio from bouncing so much. Wiring has been cleaned up since then. P.S. The amp is not for the cheap speakers but the 12" sub box in the bag well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 006.jpg (82.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 007.jpg (77.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Amp and Radio.jpg (157.7 KB, 0 views)
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #27
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sweet good idea looks good too!!!!!!!
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #28
skuhleman1524
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks good. I have seen people do the pvc with wakeboard tower speakers. See my build log for another option on front speaker pods
skuhleman1524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #29
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
Not trying to get off topic because I love the PVC cap idea for back pods! But in case you want fronts as well on the cheap, here is how to do speakers in the front. Parts needed are: some insulation grabbed from my attic, a length of L shaped aluminum that is cut into small brackets to screw mount speakers, two plastic sheets that you cut to the speaker holes and shape to the inner dimensions of the L & R cubbys, some black grill cloth, (mine was something used to drape over a table at a trade show years ago), and finally some cheap speakers from Wal-Mart. I had everything in my garage except the speakers and I may upgrade them one day. The last photo is my radio and amp under the front cowl. I wanted to show the little bracket that helps keep the radio from bouncing so much. Wiring has been cleaned up since then. P.S. The amp is not for the cheap speakers but the 12" sub box in the bag well.
That's a slick mounted amp.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #30
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
That's a slick mounted amp.
It barely fits under the cowl. It is actually leaning down at an angle. It drains the battery fast but sounds great driving the sub.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO