lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
General_Lee
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Txt 48 Max RPMs?

Hello!

I recently picked up a 2011 ezgo txt48. I upgraded the controller to the 400amp Alltrax with the 4g cables and 200amp solenoid. That definitely woke the cart up a lot. I'm still playing with the right settings for the controller so I'm wondering what's the Max RPMs I should set this stock motor for?

I currently have it set at 6,000, but I saw on cartsunlimited that he runs the same setup at 6,500 RPMs.

Just wonder what the max RPMs are for this stock motor.

I'm still running stock wheels and tires. Hitting speeds of 20-22 on flat ground.

Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
General_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Txt 48 Max RPMs?

Mine is set at 6000 also and I never even hit that unless I'm going downhill
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:27 AM   #3
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

my 2011 is all stock and will hit 21 mph, so I don't see where the upgrade did anything for you. I was planning on doing this one day but not if it doesn't make a difference.

I have stock height tires and it has freedom mode unlocked. Or what ever you call it that makes it run fast.
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
General_Lee
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies!

I cranked it up to 6500 I feel pretty good there with the performance and it doesn't seem to be taxing on the motor.

Why upgrade? I should clarify on the speed I listed those are speeds GPS'ed on flat ground. I routinely hit 27-28 with any type of decline. Also, it gets there in a hurry. I've got a rear set and it'll flat throw people off back there if you don't warn them. I like the freedom of making adjustments on the fly. Sometimes I like it dialed up in a real aggressive mode and other times I like it turned down to more of a family mode if the kiddos are driving it.

My neighbor had the same cart with freedom mode enabled in his curtis controller and I run circles around him..[emoji41]
Old 06-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #5
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I see, my cart will take off so fast it will spin the tires in gravel. It will run 21 with 250lbs in it on flat ground. I do have new batteries and everything is in top shape. I really don't know how fast it will go down hill but I always put the brakes on because it is going faster than I think the motor should spin down hill. But 21 is fasted enough for me for right now. I keep reading these treads to see if I want to upgrade and so far I see both sides. "IF it is not broke don't fix it" so until that time comes I think I may stay stock.... we will see though. Good Luck
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Mathematically, the motor spinning at 6000RPM with 18" tall tires and 12.44:1 gears will propel the cart at a whisper over 25.8MPH on level ground and at 6500RPM, it's a whisper under 28.0MPH.

In reality there are many reasons the cart will not reach the theoretical speed. Underinflated tires, tires not exactly 18" tall (My tires are labeled 18" but are only 17.04" in diameter), wind resistance, rolling resistance, etc.

Also, the XCT starts backing off the duty cycle of the PWM output as it approaches the RPM setting. With a 6000RPM setting, I understand it starts backing off the duty cycle at about 5600RPM, which would be about 24.1MPH. Again, that is theoretical.

What is the max speed on level ground when Max RPM is set to 6500RPM?

--------
FWIW: The RPM setting also limits the cart's downhill speed. The regen braking doesn't start kicking in until the setting is exceeded, and the relative amount of regen braking is determined by how far the set point is being exceeded. I suspect the max regen braking going downhill is determined by the Max Regen Armature Amps and Max Regen Battery Amps settings.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper1 View Post
I see, my cart will take off so fast it will spin the tires in gravel. It will run 21 with 250lbs in it on flat ground. I do have new batteries and everything is in top shape. I really don't know how fast it will go down hill but I always put the brakes on because it is going faster than I think the motor should spin down hill. But 21 is fasted enough for me for right now. I keep reading these treads to see if I want to upgrade and so far I see both sides. "IF it is not broke don't fix it" so until that time comes I think I may stay stock.... we will see though. Good Luck
I share the philosophy, more or less, but sometimes I interpret "broke" as meaning it isn't doing what I want it to do even though it is working within design specs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #8
General_Lee
Not Yet Wild

Some great info. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I share the philosophy, more or less, but sometimes I interpret "broke" as meaning it isn't doing what I want it to do even though it is working within design specs.
Ah common. Us engineers believe if it ain't broke, it just don't got enough features.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #10
cooperglee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Ezgo Txt 48 Max RPMs?

So has anyone tried changing the gears on their cart? From everything that I have read and researched it looks like with upgraded 600amp Navitas controller, 2 awg battery cables all around, 23" tires, and a 6:1 rear gear should be able to go about 68 mph...
cooperglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO