lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
gustavo103
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Where is my voltage reducer?

Hi there.. new to the cart world! I picked up a 2013 Precedent with a headlight and taillight kit installed. Is it safe to assume that b/c it has lights there is a reducer somewhere in the cart? I want to add a phone charger/empty socket for accessories and want to know where I should begin to look!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 12.19.27 PM.jpg (15.8 KB, 0 views)
gustavo103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Where is my voltage reducer?

I would not assume that. The factory location for the reducer is inside the steering box/frame. However the previous owner could have put one anywhere. '13 Precedents did not come with lights, so someone added them. How they did it is up to you to discover. Easiest thing to do is look at your battery pack and see how the lights are wired.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
jjjtadpole02
Not Yet Wild

I bought a 2015 with alpha kit with led head/tail lights and the lights were wired straight from the #3/4 batteries (16V). Therefore I would not assume a reducer is installed.
I would try looking at the suspension plate behind the dash. There are holes drilled there to mount an oem style reducer. Maybe it's mounted there? Otherwise check in the battery box or the large cavity area above the motor (some people make a mounting plate in that area for it).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
jjjtadpole02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
gustavo103
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjtadpole02 View Post
I bought a 2015 with alpha kit with led head/tail lights and the lights were wired straight from the #3/4 batteries (16V). Therefore I would not assume a reducer is installed.
I would try looking at the suspension plate behind the dash. There are holes drilled there to mount an oem style reducer. Maybe it's mounted there? Otherwise check in the battery box or the large cavity area above the motor (some people make a mounting plate in that area for it).

I am still looking, I have 4 x 12v batteries in there. For sure there are some extra wires, but not sure if direct to the lights or not. Haven't been able to follow them out of the battery box.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
jjjtadpole02
Not Yet Wild

Then more than likely they're running the lights off one battery. You'll just have to track down the wires using a volt meter by checking continuity between wire ends.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Since you have 4 12volt batteries, you may not have a reducer, but you definitely need one to prolong the overall health of your batteries. I've attached a photo of where the factory reducer would be located if it were present.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage Reducer Location, Precedent.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
jjjtadpole02
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Since you have 4 12volt batteries, you may not have a reducer, but you definitely need one to prolong the overall health of your batteries. I've attached a photo of where the factory reducer would be located if it were present.
That's the pic I tried finding. Thanks @TahoeDawgZ71

Old 11-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
gustavo103
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Thank you sir! I am still looking and trying to become familiar with my wiring. It is all new to me, so want to learn as much as possible so I don't have to pay to do more simple things.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car