lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default txt key switch

does anyone have a picture of the key switch wiring for a txt with headlights need to sort out the wire color and placement on the key switch
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: txt key switch

You didn't say which drive type, so her are both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyswitch wiring Series.JPG (92.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Keyswitch with lights.JPG (53.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:51 AM   #3
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You didn't say which drive type, so her are both.
thanks a lot, this txt is a series cart the headlights work fine with the key switch but the cart is still dead.
A guy tested the cart for a lady in our park and ask her to order a new key switch the he stopped by and ask if I would put it in for her, as he was leaving to out of state until the end of January.

After installing the key switch like the drawing I still dont have a working cart. however in the wiring near the keyswitch I found a red wire with pack voltage also the start of charge meter upon looking closely it looks as tho it's not working but it is in fact with the key on and pedal down the needle is moving backwards ever so slightly. Could the red wire with pack voltage have something to do with that????

This cart was dropped in my lap to install a key switch and I need to get rid of it as I just bought a new house and I;m ready to move so I can sell this house. I can not afford to keep 2 houses for a long time
Old 12-09-2019, 11:07 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The cart not running and whatever the State of Charge (SoC) meter is doing are separate animals.

The green wire to the keyswitch ought to have battery pack voltage on it when the charger is disconnected from cart and the F/R level is in either F or R.

If it doesn't check for pack voltage on small wire coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle.

Here is a schematic for a series drive cart with solenoid activation circuit highlighted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #5
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The cart not running and whatever the State of Charge (SoC) meter is doing are separate animals.

The green wire to the keyswitch ought to have battery pack voltage on it when the charger is disconnected from cart and the F/R level is in either F or R.

If it doesn't check for pack voltage on small wire coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle.

Here is a schematic for a series drive cart with solenoid activation circuit highlighted.
pack voltage is 37.9 volts wire from charger receptacle is 31.2 volts with no change moving the F&R lever
Old 12-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You need to get the battery pack voltage to the solenoid's small terminal with red wires on it.

Use the schematic I posted to trace the wires it travels on through the various switches.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
You need to get the battery pack voltage to the solenoid's small terminal with red wires on it.

Use the schematic I posted to trace the wires it travels on through the various switches.
Thanks for all your help, I found the low voltage at the reed switch, made a temporary jumper and bingo the cart is doing great. plus the new reed switch is ordered.
I thank you so much Johnnie B for your help I needed to get this cart back to the lady in our park.
If you PM me your address I would like to send you a bottle of christmas cheer for your help. let me know what you like
Old 12-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the kind offer, but I must decline. My doctors don't allow me to drink alcoholic beverages.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO