lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2020, 10:00 PM   #1
john.anglon
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 36V controller harness

Good evening,

I have an EZGO 36v cart. Not sure of anything else on the cart since the data plate can not be located. This past week the cart would not do anything. It went from working great to not going anywhere. Batteries are fully charged. Turn the key on and nothing would happen. The lights wouldn’t even come on. Trouble shot it down to a bad key switch. Removed and replaced the key switch. The lights would come on, but when pressing the accelerator pedal the cart wouldn’t move. While trouble shooting more found a bad accelerator switch. Decided to replace the switch and the solenoid just to cover everything. Turned the key on everything seemed good. The lights worked and when pressing the accelerator pedal the cart moved forward and reverse. Then things went bad quickly. I pressed the pedal one last time and heard an electrical pop. Then the wiring harness coming from the accelerator switch to the controller harness and the wiring harness connected to the controller, and the wires running to the key switch started smoking. Before I come get the key turned off and the batteries disconnected everyone of the harness completely burned up. Does anyone have an idea what would have caused this to happen. And would anyone know the part numbers for a replacement accelerator pedal harness and the controller wiring harness?
john.anglon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 36V controller harness

it almost seems like a dead short occurred, considering multiple harnesses burnt/fried. a piece of info someone would need to determine which harnesses you would need is the type of drive system you have. SERIES? PDS? DCS?

ezgoguide.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
john.anglon
Not Yet Wild

Sir Nuke, thanks for the reply. Going on the picture you added I have a Series cart.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #4
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Bad Diode on the solenoid ?????
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #5
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Bad Diode on the Solenoid??????
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #6
john.anglon
Not Yet Wild

Possibly. I haven’t tested it. I removed it from the old one and placed it on the new one.

Tags
36v controller harness
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO