lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #1
bayhawk
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Precedent I2 Excel

I replaced the MCOR on my cart due to low speed stuttering but forgot to put the cart in tow mode. Now my cart is dead, no solenoid clicking. no reverse buzzer and no light when I turn key switch to on position. I checked all batteries are good as are cables. Checked all fuses and all are good. I'm guessing I fried something- what is the most likely component?
Thanks in advance.
bayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Precedent I2 Excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayhawk View Post
I replaced the MCOR on my cart due to low speed stuttering but forgot to put the cart in tow mode. Now my cart is dead, no solenoid clicking. no reverse buzzer and no light when I turn key switch to on position. I checked all batteries are good as are cables. Checked all fuses and all are good. I'm guessing I fried something- what is the most likely component?
Thanks in advance.
Did you check the main fuse which is in front of the motor near the controller? If not, here's how:

Before you start put it in Tow and disconnect the batteries. You can take off the inspection panel in the area where the golf clubs sit and then move the plastic panel behind the controller (in front of the motor as you look at it through the inspection panel you just took off). It is a little bit awkward but you don't need tools. Get at it from under the cart and you'll find that it just lifts off (there are just lugs that keep it in place). When you can see all the wires look for an in-line fuse holder. It is quite big, maybe an inch and a half long with two wires coming out of the bottom. Pull it apart and there is a 15A blade fuse that has probably blown.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
bayhawk
Not Yet Wild

yawood- yep, i checked that one. In fact, I went through and checked them all twice just to make sure I didn't miss one and that there wasn't a hairline break I was missing. Thank you for your reply.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:31 PM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good one. I don't mean to harp on it but those blade fuses don't always look bad and really need to be checked for continuity. I blew one recently and, to look at, it was perfect but it had no continuity when you put the meter on it.

Just sayin', for the sake of other readers, you sound like you know what you're doing. I hope you find your problem, let us know when you do.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
bayhawk
Not Yet Wild

While I did check them twice I did not check their continuity- You make a great point, I really should actually test the fuses. Im going to do it. Thanks again for your help.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
bayhawk
Not Yet Wild

All fuses checked out as did the solenoid. Looks like the controller it is- unfortunately for me.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:34 PM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Think of it as an opportunity. You can now get an Alltrax and a bit more performance. David at Revolution Golf Cars or Scotty at Carts Unlimited are sponsors that help us out on this forum all the time. They sell at good prices and also offer you great support and advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car