lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Big Block Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I've never had as much trouble trying to decide on which Big Block kit to go with. I have talked to several vendors and they all have their +'s and -'s I was thinking of going to the high 20's but I do drive my cart everyday and do think of the mpg to a certain extent.
I would like some opinions from my description, It should cruise at 30/35 mph with short burst of speed up to 45 mph. I need to be able to pull some very steep hills with up to 4 people lets say 600/800 lbs. By the way my cart's weight is 1000 lbs I have 23" tires and stock gears. The vendors all have good ideas but I just don't know which way to go.
I know this is like Chevy vs. Ford some say 18hp, some 23hp Honda kit with rebuilt stock Yamaha clutch, 23hp Vanguard without rev. kit, cam and advance key and then whatever you want. I know its up to me in the end but if I'm going to spend 3K I would just like to have some people with experience tell me what there thoughts are. This is my first cart and I have made a few mistakes in my build that has cost me a few dollars, I'm just trying to make sure I'm on the right track this time. I will be doing a long travel suspension also, which I should have done in the first place. I sold my Welder, car trailer and a few things out of my shop since I can't work in it anymore and want to spend it wisely.
Thanks for any help in advance and I hope to get some good responses.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!