lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
Drroccostein
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 Controller Update

Does anyone on the board update the G29 controllers, the Yamaha dealer wants to much and there has got to be a better way to get more speed!
Drroccostein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Drroccostein
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Controller Update

Buehler buehler
Drroccostein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drroccostein View Post
Does anyone on the board update the G29 controllers, the Yamaha dealer wants to much and there has got to be a better way to get more speed!
If you want up to 19 mph, just get the "PTV" code upgrade. You will need to have lights and a horn and reflectors installed to allow you to purchase the PTV code upgrade though. If your on flat ground, you could go to high speed gears.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I work at a yamaha dealer, the PTV speed code is currently the easiest way to go 19mph. The speed code is unique to the controller, and only available from yamaha. Soon the Alltrax XCT sepex controller will give YDRE owners much more speed and power options for sepex motors. although i am working on a "special" project that will open the door to big amp series motors in a YDRE. Later, Back to my project.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I work at a yamaha dealer, the PTV speed code is currently the easiest way to go 19mph. The speed code is unique to the controller, and only available from yamaha. Soon the Alltrax XCT sepex controller will give YDRE owners much more speed and power options for sepex motors. although i am working on a "special" project that will open the door to big amp series motors in a YDRE. Later, Back to my project.
Welcome cgtech and glad to have your expertise here on BGW to help members I'm not a real "sparky" guy, but any upgrades for Yamaha's and I'll be watching.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
claytoncolleran
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I would love to know a little more about this XTC controller. I have a YDRE project that is just starting and my goal is to get some decent torque with a top speed b/w 30 and 35 on flat. Is there currently another upgraded controller on the market that will work with this cart, using the stock motor? I have not able to locate this XTC... guessing it is not released yet??? Much obliged.
claytoncolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
MrRon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

CGTech...quick question for you. I am looking at buying the PTV code for my 09 YDRE. I have only been able to locate one place locally that can upload the code. However, he gave me a disclaimer that it only works about 70% of the time, and in the other 30% of cases he has had to install new brushes. Have you ever heard of the PTV code not working?

Also, my drive did not come with headlights/brakelights. However, this is something that I am going to be adding in the future. The shop said he never heard of a requirement of needing a light kit in order for Yamaha to sell the code. Can you confirm this?

Thanks man.
MrRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #8
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Don't waste your money on the PTV code upgrade. Get a the new Alltrax XCT controller. I have a 300 amp one with Plum Quick motor and it does 23 easily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRon View Post
CGTech...quick question for you. I am looking at buying the PTV code for my 09 YDRE. I have only been able to locate one place locally that can upload the code. However, he gave me a disclaimer that it only works about 70% of the time, and in the other 30% of cases he has had to install new brushes. Have you ever heard of the PTV code not working?

Also, my drive did not come with headlights/brakelights. However, this is something that I am going to be adding in the future. The shop said he never heard of a requirement of needing a light kit in order for Yamaha to sell the code. Can you confirm this?

Thanks man.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRon View Post

Thanks man.
Not cgtech, but yes, you must have head and tail lights to order the PTV code. That was signed by the dealer to sell the upgrade. Yes, I have seen PTV upgrades not fully reach the 19mph and the brush rig/brushes need to be upgraded. I have also installed the new Alltrax controllers and have not realized there true potential unless the brush rig/brushes were updated. Good luck on your choice
Old 05-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #10
MrRon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Smallblock. Is that based on the serial number or would I be able to get the PTV upgrade if I add headlights and brake lights myself?
MrRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha