lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2023, 10:33 PM   #1
Rknow82
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2007 36v Ezgo Txt Thermal Shutdown?

I bought a 2007 EZGO TXT from a friend a few weeks ago. It is lifted "had" a 400 Amp Curtis controller in it until I took it on a weekend trip and a solidnoid wire rubbed and fried the controller. I bought a stock 350 Amp and put it in so I could send the controller in and have it rebuilt.

On the 350 Amp controller it runs great for about 1.5 miles then I will stop for a bit and nothing when I push the gas. If I turn key off and back on and mess around with the F/R switch I can limp back.

Question: is this going into thermal shutdown? I'm getting solidnoid welded shut error and I just put a new one on when I put controller on.

Is it 350 Amp controller with lifted cart causing this. Regretting buying this.
Rknow82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2023, 05:47 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 36v Ezgo Txt Thermal Shutdown?

It’s been my understanding that “rebuilt controller” is an item that you would want to stay away from. Sort of like a car “being rebuilt from a flood.”
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:34 PM   #3
Rknow82
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What would be the best controller to put on this. Like I said it had a 400 Amp controller prior and I put a 350 on. Just driving on flat land in my back yard slow is causing the thermal shutdown/welded solidnoid limp issue.

I am super new to carts and think maybe I should have bought a side by side for family cruises.
Rknow82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 06:01 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I’ve used Alltrax for 15 years. The first one lasted about 10 years.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO