lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
jahaiap
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Machining Stock CC clutch?

Is there enough metal in a stock CC drive clutch to machine it out to a 1'' shaft? I was thinking about using it with my new motor to save some cash. I mentioned to the guy at the machine shop how much the 780 clutch was and asked him if it would be worth it to machine the old. He said it would be a lot cheaper the use the old one if enough material was there to remove.

Ive seen on here where someone had machined their crank. Has anyone done the clutch?
jahaiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
heliplanepilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Machining Stock CC clutch?

I have a club car too, im doing the powermax 16hp swap. I am having the crankshaft machined to fit my cc clutch. mainly i wanted the pulley on the clutch to run some sort of alternator. otherwise i would definatly do the comet. you are better off with the comet 780 than the stock one. i dont think the stock one can be machined that much, plus you would have to machine the keyway into it, so it would be 1/4" cut on top of the material already removed. Cart parts plus has the comet 780 for 199, it hard to beat for a brand new clutch. what engine are you puying in?
heliplanepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
jahaiap
Getting Wild
Club Car

good point. I want to use the the starter generator too. I just dont want to take my motor apart.
jahaiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
heliplanepilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what engine are you using? It is hard to do surgery on a new motor, but the good thing was getting the crank out of mine was super easy. didn't even have to pull the head off. plus is gives you the opportunity to disect the governor and add a nipple for the fuel pump pulse line. If you want you can check out anderson enterprizes, they do the powermax conversion in club cars. The guys name is Dennis and he will machine everything for you and you just bolt it all in, besides throttle, exhaust and electrical, you have to do that stuff your self. just food for thought.
heliplanepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!