lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
meyerz2
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 Club Car, Brake adjustment problems

Hi, I just bought an 86 club Car and the brakes are in some serious need of help. I just had the drums turned and the pads relined. Now I'm trying to adjust them. When I slide the bottom adjustment slide back as far as I can, they work pretty good the first time you depress the brake. The problem is, the bottom slide will move forward when the brake is pressed giving me almost no brakes. I can't figure out why the slide will not stay back. I'm pretty sure I'm tightening it enough as I already broke one bolt tightening it. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.

ryan
meyerz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 86 Club Car, Brake adjustment problems

did you look on the backside of the backing plate to see if theres a little square stub sticking out? if so thats also a brake adjuster.......they make a tool for it or you can get on it with a 7 or 8mm wrench...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
meyerz2
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I found that one. I've got it adjusted most of the way in and still not enough unless I can get that bottom bracket to stay back.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Aren't these self adjusting brakes?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the bottom adjuster is ........i beleive just like a car you have to drive around in reverse to get that one adjusted but the top one you have to do by hand.............................................. .....
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
meyerz2
Not Yet Wild

I thought I read in another post on here somewhere that the self adjusting brakes didn't come into the picture until later.

Anyway, the bottom adjuster (the one where the arm that connects the cable stick out) has a bolt that allows it to be adjusted back and forth. When I adjust it to the back, it ends up moving forward when the brakes are depressed.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rs-brakes.html

It states in the post:
Put the cable back in it's saddle with the c-clip and hook the cable back up to the brake arm with the pin and cotter key. Make sure the arm is set back as far as it will go when doing this. Check the arm movement also pushing it forward and seeing that it returns back when you let go of it. Try turning the hub also. It shouldn't turn. If this is all good then proceed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car