lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
lildegen587
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default clutch puller

does anyone have the dimensions on a clutch puller for a yamaha g1?
lildegen587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: clutch puller

The yami pullers are all the same but my g1s is...Sorry not sure of the thread size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 086.jpg (40.6 KB, 17 views)
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
lildegen587
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

okay thanks what size bolt is that?
lildegen587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
hbondurant
Not Yet Wild

Lets start at the smallest end that goes in first. 10mm x 46.5mm. next step (still no threads) 12mm x 95mm. threaded portion 14 x 1.0 thread 40mm length. I cut a 1/2 inch bar to insert down to the dimensions above on a lathe. Then I used a 14 x 1.0 metric bolt. Be sure to hardened steel. I got mine from Agri-Supply that they use to replace wheelbarrow axles. I got my bolt from Wilders Nut and Bolt which is in Raleigh, NC. Any really good bolt supply house should have this.
hbondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
chiefcrew5
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Just did an entire motor rebuild. Used a bolt puller from Harbor frieght and two 1/2 wratchets to break the bolts free for the clutch and fan side. To break them free make sure to use plenty of WD40 and leave the motor installed so it doesnt rotate. Yamaha parts are too expensive. Bolt puller cost about $10. I had never done a motor rebuild until know.
chiefcrew5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My dimensions are for a clutch puller that he asked for. A Yamaha clutch on the motor only has one hole in the center. How could you use 2 of anything on the drive clutch. The only thing related to a clutch that has two holes is the DRIVEN clutch. If you looked at his picture, you would see that it is a DRIVE clutch puller. A G-1 clutch has one bolt that can be removed with a good impact wrench. From there, the spider assembly slips off. What you are left with is the pully for the starter and a shaft. This has to come off before you can open up the case to get inside the engine. The ONLY way to get this off is with a clutch puller. By the way, I do this for a living and have rebuilt over 100 Yamaha engines. I also rebuild the old g-1/g14 clutches and the newer G-16 and up clutches.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
chiefcrew5
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Good for you
chiefcrew5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha