lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Mvlawn
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Governor bypass

I have read the forums and successfully bypassed the governor on my G-22a Thanks!!! But how do I perform this on my G1?
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Governor bypass

There has to be a sticky here but you have a couple options. One is put a longer screw in the arm to push the spring more, but you will just gain some speed and still be governed (arm is on top of trans where pedal cable goes to). You can temp put a pair of the small pocket vicegrips on the other side of the arm, secure the spring to the arm (side that cable is on). Make sure the vicegrips do not snag the intake hose, test for clearance. This will disable it, however eventually you will be popping throttle cables every so often due to high pressure on them. You can permanently (sort of) disable it by taking the arm off the trans and drilling the flat out of the hole, so it can turn on the trans shaft. Then put a return spring on the arm if needed and/or a spring to hold the arm down on the trans so it does not come off on a bump or something. It will scream after that. You could put a small setscrew collar on the arm later to make it work again, might have to weld one on though.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
paulhut
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Governor bypass

I just bent a piece of metal, drilled a hole for the throttle cable, and attached it using one of the bolts for the intake manifold.

When bending the metal sheet I made sure that the throttle would be fully closed when my foot was off of the gas and as close to fully open as I could get when I floored it.

My engine is on the workbench right now so there is no throttle cable in the picture but you can see the bracket I made.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110919_125502.jpg (55.1 KB, 33 views)
paulhut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass, governor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha