lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
ablovato
Not Yet Wild

Default Lights for my EZGO

After the help I got from everyone, I thought maybe I would check to see why my lights don't work. First of all, I need to explain, My cart was worked on years ago by a former employee, he took it all apart, had it painted and replaced anything that did not look good. He also added two lights below the roof (they look great), but they have never worked. Could it be that these are 12 V lights and it was wired to the battery pack getting 36+ volts? that is my guess since they are wired to the key switch which is getting 36+ volts. What do you experts think?

Thanks in advance!
ablovato is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Lights for my EZGO

If they were wired to 36 volts I would say they are toast.. Break on the meter and check some voltages
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It sounds like it is wired to 36v which would be a problem and most likely blew the bulbs instantly if they were ever turned on. I would first try to see if they work by hooking them up to twelve volts but my guess is you will need new bulbs.

Your rewire options would be to either hook to two of the 6v batteries, get a 36 to 12 volt converter or get a separate 12v battery to run the lights off of.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

One other option is you can hook up three 12 volt lights in series and then hook to the 36 volt pack the only downside to doing it this way is if one bulb burns out the rest go out with it.
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

easy to run all your accessories to a seperate 12volt and fuse block
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO