lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Iceman31
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart slowed to a snails pace

We bought a 2009 EZGO RXV two weeks ago, with 4 brand new 12 volt batteries. No charger - it should arrive tomorrow. We have been using the cart to run around the park we live at for the last two weeks. Tonight we went for a little drive and on the way back the cart just slowed to a snails pace. We were able to make it back home. Since I am new to electric golf carts I am assuming this is a sign that the cart needs to be recharged? Like I said earlier my charger should be here in the morning on the bus so I will plug it in and give it a good charging and hopefully this slowing to a snails pace will be taken care of? Should I be looking for something more? I have not put the voltmeter to the battery pack to see where it sits for charge? To do this I should put the positive on the lead on battery 1 and the negative on the lead on battery 4? That should give me the total volt reading for the pack correct? Please help out this electric newbie.
Iceman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart slowed to a snails pace

JohhnyB if I may?

Iceman you have the symptoms of a typical low charge state. Please go to this website and read all the links with the word Battery. New batteries need to be "Broken in" so to speak. The worst thing you can do is take a new pack down to zero. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ Your cart is under powered right now. I also have to ask why you have 12v batteries vs. 6v or 8v batteries? But the battery choice is neither here nor their atm. Your pack is depleted and you need a charge.

Happy carting once you get it charged
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

@ Gonk: Stock RXV battery pack is 4 x 12V.

@ Iceman: If the charger you are awaiting the arrival of is a Powerwise QE, when it fails, buy a 48V DPI.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your charger doesn't arrive, see if you can borrow ( or rent ) one from someone. The longer your batteries sit discharged, the more sulphate will accumulate on the plates. This is irreversible in a fairly short time, so try and get them charged ASAP! You can use an automotive 12V charger if you have one available. Just connect it to each battery in turn. No need to unhook anything.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Iceman31
Not Yet Wild

Cart is charging right now
Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Iceman31
Not Yet Wild

Can you get the DPI charger with the triangle style RXV plug?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman31 View Post
Can you get the DPI charger with the triangle style RXV plug?
Scottyb advertises it for any cart with any plug.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The RXV plug plug is substantially EXTRA. Ezgo is the only source. Best bet if you just swap your existing plug end onto a new charger when needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO