lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
seulater
Getting Wild

Default Need to know 2002 TXT cable lengths

I was hoping someone would know all the cable wire lengths that are in a 36v TXT series cart. Primarily i am looking for the lengths of the 4 wires attached to the motor.
seulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need to know 2002 TXT cable lengths

You can search around the threads some and may find what you are looking for but if it were me, I would just measure it..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
seulater
Getting Wild

I agree, about measuring it. I just dont want to have to take them off and unzip tie everything to do it as it will be weeks before i can put the new set on.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you don't want to undo it - a quick easy way would be to tape a string on the cable right before the end, mark the taped end of string with a sharpie, run the string along the cable run, mark the other end with sharpie, remove tape & measure the sharpie marks.
muscle_cars_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Your best bet is to jack up your cart, put some jack stands under it so it doesn't fall on you and crush the life out of you, and simply measure 'em. That's what I did.

Don't ask me.....but off of memory I think I was getting around the 42 to 44" range. However....I have a 48-V system AND mine is custom built. So you see.....what I may tell you and what you may have could be two different things. If you order, or have made 4 of 'em at 43" each....only to find out you need all of 'em to be 45" each....how much time did you save by not crawling under you cart in the first place?

Do "the deed" and measure. It only hurts for a little bit.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

seulater, Are you going to make your own or buy them ? If you are going to make them just buy extra cable and make them one at a time..
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
seulater
Getting Wild

Thanks guys, i know it may sound like i am just lazy (maybe i am). I just figured with so many mods going on here and people getting upgraded cables there would have been a list of some kind that listed cart make / model along with cable lengths for all the cables.

I'll do the deed and just measure them ;)
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
seulater
Getting Wild

Quote:
seulater, Are you going to make your own or buy them ? If you are going to make them just buy extra cable and make them one at a time..
I was going to buy them. I have bought the battery cables from 2 different people. Both were good quality, but one set was very stiff and the other was very flexible. I wanted to now get the motor cables from the flexible guy but he wanted to know the lengths. I got a quote from one of the sponsors for the 4 cables but the price i got back i though was far to high.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just be careful with that metal tape measure..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Just be careful with that metal tape measure..
Yeah.....I can 2nd, 3rd, and 105th and even more that one. After blowing up my Alltrax Controller over something stupid with one end of a wire in my left hand, and the other in my right.....at the end of a long day....well, just suffice it to say be very careful "under there" and don't let that metal tape touch stuff it shouldn't.

In fact, you would be better off if you simply disconnected the positive battery cable before you measured anything. Yes....I know it sounds a bit over board.....but my $7 microswitch cost me a controller and a Solenoid.

Not so overboard sounding now....eh?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO