lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
bayrak
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 G22E Will not Run with Charged Batteries

Hi guys, the solenoid does not click on when turned on. The batteries are not fully charged, ~50v on the batteries and ~48-49v on the motor, when I turn it off I still get ~48v on the motor, also the buzzer does not turn on in reverse. I bought the cart used and the current wiring and crimps seem shotty, I have cleaned all the battery and motor connections. Have people been known to wire a secondary kill switch? I ask because there are 2 switches whose function is unknown.

Is there a troubleshooting flow chart?

Thanks
bayrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2017, 06:24 AM   #2
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2003 G22E Will not Run with Charged Batteries

You should only have a key switch, a forward/reverse switch, and the tow/run switch under the seat. Make sure that last one is set to run. There is a troubleshooting guide in the service manual and on the FSIP website (they rebuild controllers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:10 AM   #3
bayrak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentofdestiny View Post
You should only have a key switch, a forward/reverse switch, and the tow/run switch under the seat. Make sure that last one is set to run. There is a troubleshooting guide in the service manual and on the FSIP website (they rebuild controllers)

Thanks I found the FSM, it turned out that my solenoid was full of water, about 300,000ohms of resistance. Is there a ohm rating to see if my speed controller got fried?
bayrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No there isn't. The controller will not operate and will lock itself out if it senses an open circuit (too much resistance) in the relay coil. This means that it won't run even if you jump the big solenoid terminals.

trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha