lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #41
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Lithium hunting cart overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The all thread is the correct way to do it, I was referring to this contraption You posted earlier as possibly squeezing the modules in a manner outside the original design.

I also like the word 'tight' better than 'snug' since I tend to assume finger tight for 'snug' and the modules need to be compressed beyond their resting shape.
My 2012 modules were stored for a couple years loose before I got them. Since I had nothing to compare them to, not sure if they had bulged any but it seems like they were a little fat. I was quite surprised how much compression they took before the metal inserts bottomed out.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #42
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

I also like the word 'tight' better than 'snug' since I tend to assume finger tight for 'snug' and the modules need to be compressed beyond their resting shape.
Remember.....one man's tight is another man's snug.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #43
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks to all. Will post next round of progress.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #44
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Haven't been able to work on this much, but I'm finally nearing the mounting of the batteries, BMS, etc. Here's a pic of the cart stripped down the two with the boxes ready for the batteries. If any of you ever want to build a wooden box like this one, I can definitely tell you the mistakes I made and how to do it faster, so hit me up in private message if you want. Overall, I'm satisfied with it. I'll cover up the small openings to the elements with tape of some kind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57453916130__93D356F0-8B9A-4510-A3D0-0E5F55B1AC8E.jpg (553.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6506.jpg (560.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6505.jpg (565.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #45
DaveTM
Gone Wild

That's nice work. Interesting how the CC frame "intrudes" into the battery box. I can't tell how much room you have in each section, but where are the battery modules going to go? (My guess is one in the center and one on the passenger side?)

Your rifle rack looks "strangely" familiar.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #46
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Dave,

Yes, I have room to put one in the middle and one on the side. The eight modules in the middle is a little tighter than the 7 everyone else has done, but it's going to work. I think I will end up having enough room for my controller, BMS, solenoid, and switch in there also. we shall see.

As for the gun rack, I don't like it. It shouldn't have been installed there, as it moves around too much, and I don't like that type of gun rack. I've got someone who is going to put one across the front windshield on the inside. He has put them on several club cars and ensures me I will like it much better. Will keep you posted.

Right now, I am trying to hunt down some 8mm threaded rod and some brackets for mounting batteries. What kind of connectors did you you use for the BMS to the battery? I would assume some kind of O-ring butt connector. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #47
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I will agree that those types of gun racks are not the best when mounted "as factory." I had a brace made for the top of mine at one point, as when I would drive across bumpy terrain the rack would begin to whip left and right.

I've changed my setup since I had the brace made and the brace no longer fits. Last season I simply tied a piece of cord from the gun rack to the side of the cart's top. It' looked cheesy but it kept my firearm from whipping like crazy.

FWIW
Old 04-13-2019, 04:11 AM   #48
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I put a two gun holder on top of the dash, works great.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #49
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

How's your build coming along?
Any way you can share a few pictures and information on the Chargery BMS?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #50
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm just turning back to it this week. Should have the chargery all ready to go by this weekend. I'll post pictures as I go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car