lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #11
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: 71 HD 3 Wheel won't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
You just simply roll the belt over the edge of the secondary clutch. I used the high quality Dayco HP2008 belt on mine.
What belt do i need for the Starter. look's like PO modified the adjuster and use's a slide with a rod welded to it to put tension on the belt.
SFORCES is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

In that case use a piece of rope around the pulleys for a measurement and check what kind of adjustment there is and find a V belt that matches that spec. Once I have the correct sizing I go to E bay and buy one. If you are in a real hurry you can use the belt # off E Bay at a parts store.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #13
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
In that case use a piece of rope around the pulleys for a measurement and check what kind of adjustment there is and find a V belt that matches that spec. Once I have the correct sizing I go to E bay and buy one. If you are in a real hurry you can use the belt # off E Bay at a parts store.
ok thanx. is there a special way the belt goes on? doe the #'s face the back of the cart or the front of the cart?
Old 08-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #14
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Can anyone point me were i can get the right manual for my cart? i have 77 3B D Gas
Old 08-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #15
newtjl
Gone Wild

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colu...63_1980_GS.pdf
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:07 AM   #16
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtjl View Post
Thanx
Old 08-30-2021, 01:16 PM   #17
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

I just notice that when the guy put the cart in the back of my truck he must of hit the clutch on the tail gate there is a piece busted off. can i get one from another cart that will work? or would that hurt anything running the cart like that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210825_145827.jpg (205.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210830_113915.jpg (198.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-30-2021, 02:43 PM   #18
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It should still function but the jagged edges will chew on the drive belt. Should really find a replacement. Yes it will need to be the correct clutch for the cart.
Question: Have you gotten it running yet? Your original post said it cranks but the clutch doesn't close on the belt. That usually means the engine is turning over on the starter but not actually running on it's own.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:23 PM   #19
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
It should still function but the jagged edges will chew on the drive belt. Should really find a replacement. Yes it will need to be the correct clutch for the cart.
Question: Have you gotten it running yet? Your original post said it cranks but the clutch doesn't close on the belt. That usually means the engine is turning over on the starter but not actually running on it's own.
ok i didn't want t o sped 400-500 for a new driven clutch thought i could use a cheaper route NO not yet. i got a new drive belt it seems like it want to start but doesn't. not sure if the carb need's clean or not
Old 08-31-2021, 01:34 PM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It looks like there is a good used secondary for your cart for sale on E Bay for $280 and shipping. As I sure you have seen these clutches are hard to find or very expensive.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson