lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
gark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Resistor heat and Solenoid upgrade

Just wondering if everyone exeriences some heat from the resistors on the solenoid and controller when charging the cart? I hear that the resistors are in place to help protect the controller and solenoid when there is some extra arc, but they also complete the loop in the wiring for the batteries.

Also, is it necessary to upgrade the stock solenoid when upgrading the controller? I upgrade to a 400AMP controller.
gark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Resistor heat and Solenoid upgrade

Can't see why the solenoid resistor is heating during the charge cycle unless the key is left ON and the cart is in gear perhaps. I would need to check my cart and see how it behaves. As for the solenoid upgrade, your stock unit will work OK, but it's lifespan will be shortened because of the extra draw through it. Install a good HD unit and you won't ever worry about it again.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
gark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Even with the key off, the resistors on the solenoid and controller complete a loop, if one of them was missing, the loop would be broken.
gark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Possible stuck solenoid, or power for some reason to solenoid from key to pedal control unit to F&R switch micro in either on position but that doesnt sound normally possible? Since there has been some wiring done lately ( putting controller on ) I would check and recheck your wiring?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, resistors, solenoid, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO