lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
thadf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 36v ez-go electrical issues

I am just a shade tree mechanic and I am trying to fix my buddies 1992 ez-go 36v cart. The problem he is having is the thing would stop working and I would go all through it thinking it must be a loose and then I would give up and come back to it later and it would work fine. Through a tip from a friend he said to replace the f/r controller and I did that. Then I would be going forward and the thing would cut off, let off the throttle and it would start back when I pressed the throttle again. So from this point I bought a speed controller box and replaced it. After I installed the box I was hooking up the wiring and while I was hooking up the silenoid it gave me one heck of a shock... didn't realize it was a capicitor/silenoid. So now the silenoin doesn't even click when the accelerator pedal is pressed. Am I going to need to replace the silenoid now or do I need to check something else???????

HELP
thadf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v ez-go electrical issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadf View Post
I am just a shade tree mechanic and I am trying to fix my buddies 1992 ez-go 36v cart. The problem he is having is the thing would stop working and I would go all through it thinking it must be a loose and then I would give up and come back to it later and it would work fine. Through a tip from a friend he said to replace the f/r controller and I did that. Then I would be going forward and the thing would cut off, let off the throttle and it would start back when I pressed the throttle again. So from this point I bought a speed controller box and replaced it. After I installed the box I was hooking up the wiring and while I was hooking up the silenoid it gave me one heck of a shock... didn't realize it was a capicitor/silenoid. So now the silenoin doesn't even click when the accelerator pedal is pressed. Am I going to need to replace the silenoid now or do I need to check something else???????

HELP
I've been there with the shock part! Don't let anyone tell you 36V won't shock you,cause they're wrong! What I'm going to suggest is click on the " stickys " on the top of the E-Z-GO Electric at the top of the page, and read all of them! They will contain most of the testing procedures for the various carts. If this doesn't help, please post again and there will be more help available. We really need a bit more info than what you have given so far! The " stickys " will give you an idea of what is involved.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO