lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: 87 Club Car Vegas 440 swap

I'll be watching "wolfpack"4life we are state fans too here in Smithfield. so where exactly are you?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Off ten ten close to 50 hwy. Got lots of family in god's country between four oaks and Smithfield.
ncsu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Two ways I've pulled clutches when I don't have the tool. One way grab a soda/beer and sweet talk the service guys at the dealer just make sure you have your engine pulled or at least loaded and easy to get too. Second way. I pull the engine and hang it from the rafters with a ratchet strap wrapped a couple times around place a tire with no rim on the ground and lift the inch about an inch about the tire. Take a punch that is small enough to not get stuck in the clutch but not too small to fit in the threaded section. Couple hard taps and it works every time. I've had some very stubborn ones before and I've yet to damage anything. Course do that at your own risk. I prefer the first option but my local dealer was at the time 54 miles away and it is usually late at night.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Two ways I've pulled clutches when I don't have the tool. One way grab a soda/beer and sweet talk the service guys at the dealer just make sure you have your engine pulled or at least loaded and easy to get too. Second way. I pull the engine and hang it from the rafters with a ratchet strap wrapped a couple times around place a tire with no rim on the ground and lift the inch about an inch about the tire. Take a punch that is small enough to not get stuck in the clutch but not too small to fit in the threaded section. Couple hard taps and it works every time. I've had some very stubborn ones before and I've yet to damage anything. Course do that at your own risk. I prefer the first option but my local dealer was at the time 54 miles away and it is usually late at night.
Try the water and bolt trick, you'll never go back.
Larboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

With sleds we used to leave the bolt out a turn and drive around the yard slowly until it came loose. They also have big guards on the clutches.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

still moving slowly on the build with not much free time recently. what kind and where are you guys buying throttle cables for club car swaps. it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make the stock cable work to me.
ncsu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your on your own, everyone sort of makes there own setup.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
Warlordsix
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larboc View Post
The BEST way I've found to pull clutches when you don't have a puller is to tip the golf cart or snowmobile on it's side and fill the bolt hole up with water (unless you have the engine out obviously, then you just set the engine clutch side up.) Then take a bolt the correct thread for the puller threads in the clutch, wrap it with pipe tape and thread it into the end of the clutch a couple of threads. Then take an impact, or be quick with a ratchet, and tighten the bolt. The clutch will blow right off the crankshaft. Works great. You don't risk buggering up the crankshaft end/threads like you do with an improved cut off bolt.

Correct. My preference is to use grease instead of water. That way no one needs to tip the cart or the engine on its side. End result is the same, however...the clutch pops right off the crank.

Ernie
Warlordsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #19
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu4life View Post
still moving slowly on the build with not much free time recently. what kind and where are you guys buying throttle cables for club car swaps. it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make the stock cable work to me.
Walmart sells a universal bicycle brake cable kit that contains a bunch of different length cables and ends for ~$6. I've done it with a bunch of projects.
Larboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
turn-n-burn
Gone Wild

Excellent idea larboc!
turn-n-burn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
87 club car, clone, vegas carts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps