lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 LYNX IQ...After MCOR replacement

After replacing the MCOR, it did resolve my stop start issue.

However, it still accelerates then drops back down to a crawl speed wise. I noticed a sticky about speed sensors for IQ systems.

Should that be my next step, and am I correct in my reading of the info?
jbryantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 07 LYNX IQ...After MCOR replacement

Could also be a solenoid sticking closed. That will put cart in limp mode.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

Here's some more info, a link to my prior posts:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=164073

Summary had start/stop issue.

Jumped 2 pin connector on MCOR. Solved start/stop issue. Cart would always accelerate, but it would hit speed and then slow down.

Replaced MCOR with new assembly from Revolution Golf.

Start/Stop issue solved by the MCOR replacement, for the most part. Cart will accelerate again to speed and then back down.

Since I have owned the cart, never has the back up buzzer operated in any capacity.

Prior to the MCOR replacement, when traveling down hill the cart would 'brake' via the motor to slow down. Now when going down a hill it does not.

Don't know if all these things could be related. Prior to joining the forum I had replaced the solenoid.

Looking at the sticky 'DS IQ or Precedent Speed Sensor Test':

Speed Sensor Test procedure: Make sure the car is not in sleep mode. This can be accomplished by driving it a few feet. Just make sure it's running. With F&R Switch in either of the three positions, and Tow/Run switch in the "Run" position, push the vehicle manually to simulate a vehicle roll-away. The "Roll-Away" braking feature will attempt to slow the car to keep it from "Rolling away" This will be accompanied by a series of "Beeps" from the reverse buzzer while the car is slowing itself down. If the vehicle pushes freely with no resistance this will tell you that there is no communication from the vehicle speed sensor to the controller. 99% of the time this means that there is a speed sensor failure. Once it's replaced the car will return to normal working condition.

This pretty much mirrors my cart operation. Seems like a logical step, but maybe the other symptoms exhibit something else?

Thanks in advance for any input, I've been helped tremendously just by reading.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

Bump for any info thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car