lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
sstory
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 90 DS Won't Die

I've replaced all 4 micro switches but the cart won't die when I release the gas pedal and come to a stop. I have to set the parking break and pull the spark plug wire to get it to die.

I did a search on here and saw one post mention a black wire that leads to the rear of the engine had come lose on that poster's cart. I tried to find it but I didn't see anything. The only thing next I can think of is the solenoid.

Any help would be appreciated.
sstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
paulss
Getting Wild

Default Re: 90 DS Won't Die

Does it keep running at a normal speed or does it continue to spit and sputter and just won't die?

If it's the latter, check my thread on detonation (dieseling). Carbon build up in the combustion chamber may be the problem. SeaFoam through the spark plug hole solved my problem.
paulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #3
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

If you have made any adjustments to the rod that come from the accelerator pedal (you can adjust there to get a bit more speed) that can be the issue as well. When I adjusted mine too far it would not let the throttle return back to a full rest position from time to time. If your issues just started you may want to take a quick look at that as well.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
sstory
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If I set the parking brake, it can keep it held there. If I don't have the parking brake set, it will keep running at normal speed.

The strange thing is this past weekend it actually died like it should when the cart would come to a stop. But then it started acting up again. So paulss, I'm thinking you may be on to something there with a fuel issue since this isn't a constant issue. I'll get some of the SeaFoam and see if that does the trick.

shoelessjoe, thank you also for the suggestion. But to my knowledge, that rod has not had any adjustments to it. But if it has, would it cause an intermittent problem like I'm experiencing now? I can push on the rod where it connects to the motor - but pushing it further in does not cause the motor to die.

So this doesn't sound like a solenoid that could possibly be going bad?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's a pic of the rod that we're talking about. If it's adjusted out too long, your parking brake will not lock, and the advanced position of the linkage could create an engine idle situation.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
sstory
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tried Seafoam in the sparkplug this weekend. After doing this two times, it seems to have helped but still won't completely die. The engine slows way down and sounds like it's about to die but just barely stays running to the point I don't have to lock the parking brake to hold it from moving.

I guess I'll try another round of Seafoam.

This issue just started about a month ago. Prior to that, it would die whenever the cart came to a complete stop. So nothing has been changed with regards to rods or linkage prior to this issue starting.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
sstory
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well after 4 rounds of Seafoam, the problem still remained. I poured an oz of Marvel Mystery Oil into the gas tank and also added a little to the oil. After about a day, the problem finally went away and the cart is dying like it should when it comes to a stop.

Thanks again for all the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car