lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Farmallf20
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Sand Blasting Box

First off want to say it was great to find a site that not only talks about carts but has forums for the stuff that goes with owning and working on these awesome machines. This post is about the sand blasting box I built. Years ago I got into vintage tractors and needed a sand blasting box. I already had a unit to use outside and all of the manufactured boxes seemed pricy and small for my needs. The following pictures is what a made at less than 1/2 of the cost as on bought for this size maybe 1/3. As you can see its made of plywood and i coated the inside with rubber (just used spay on adhesive to hold it) that was bought for redoing the tops of motor homes. The rubber is the only thing that I have no idea what it costs as I’m doing this thread but it wasn’t a lot at the time. The vacuum was purchased form Northern Tool but my father made one also and used a electric blower and vented it outside which if I had to do it again I liked that setup better. The gloves I picked up from tractor supply. The lighting is just can lighting from home depot. The shield is just plexy glass from the local hardware and last a good amount of time and is cheap. I tend to replace it just so it looks better. You can see the racks i made both are removable. The top one you can take out if you need to do some bigger hoods or whatever. Then I just remove the bottom rack and scoop out the sand. Then sand can be sifted through a screen and reused but after 2 times of recycling it I use it on something outside as it starts to lose its cutting capabilities. I have found this too be a great addition to the ole man cave and a fun project too do.

I can take some dimensions if anyone is interested in making there own but it really is just to your personal preference.

Ohh and leaving things like old tools and crowbars on the bottom rack while you cleaning other stuff up is nice cause sooner or later its been blasted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1140002.jpg (72.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg P1140003.jpg (58.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg P1140004.jpg (65.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg P1140005.jpg (61.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg P1140006.jpg (49.8 KB, 79 views)
Farmallf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Sand Blasting Box

Thats cool beans, how did you seal around the gloves and glass?
DOOmsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Farmallf20
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

For the gloves I just got a piece of PVC pipe close to the size of the opening of the glove. Cut it so it stuck out of the door like 1/4 of an inch and inside it sticks about 1 1/2 inches. Cut hole to fit the pieces and glued into place. Then attached the gloves to it using a big hose clamp.

Shield was way easier. Just some weather stripping and some cheap clamps hold it down.

You need a vacuum of some sort like the vacuum filter I bought or just a blower sucking out the dust and keeping all air flowing inwards. As the pics show I added some vents in front so when the blaster isn’t on I’m not working the vacuum to hard.
Farmallf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Welcome!

That is cool. Nice fab work. I will be building one myself sometime next summer. I have a house to sell to free up some funds first. The Boss has already ok'd a new compressor for the barn so the blast cabinet construction will start before it arrives.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

i like it
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Sharp box & welcome to BGW!
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
croz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Nice job. Looks like a great piece Welcome to BGW
croz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
b_dawg
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Very Nice Job, I need to build something like this.
b_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
gogreen
Not Yet Wild

Oh man, that was really awesome! That stuff is what I'm trying to build within a month.
gogreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop