lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
pastamaker
Not Yet Wild

Default replaceing top end of ezgo gasser

heh everybody I'm am in the process of getting my buggie up and running, got a new gasket set and .25 over piston for my 87marathon , the only thing I don't have are the (clearance and where to measure specs) for my bore guy to get started. anyone have these? any help would be great.. I really want to be up and runing again can't wait. Thanks
pastamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: replaceing top end of ezgo gasser

My thoughts would be if my "bore guy" can't bore a cylinder to fit a piston that I have, I would look for someone that knows what they are doing. jus sayin
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
pastamaker
Not Yet Wild

only guy for 90 miles he just wants the clearanc and measurement area before he starts, he works on tractors and sbchevys more than ezgos, first one he has ever done I beleive he said
Old 06-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

You must live in the sticks not to have a small engine repair shop around. I looked but can't find the piston clearance for that engine. hopefully someone else knows
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No body around here bores little cylinders either...I don't get it..
I know we used to bore all our stuff @ 0.003-0.005 mm measured at the skirt. 2 cycle dirt bikes......
May be different for these.....who would know for sure??....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
pastamaker
Not Yet Wild

finnally got tech support from the guys at buggies unlimited and in case anyone else runs into the same problem its .004 at the center of cyl.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
pastamaker
Not Yet Wild

got it ready to roll, she is faster than the day I brought it home.Thanks for the help fellas now I will be looking for another one to do so if anyone in ND has one for sale that needs a little TLC i'm buyin.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastamaker View Post
got it ready to roll, she is faster than the day I brought it home.Thanks for the help fellas now I will be looking for another one to do so if anyone in ND has one for sale that needs a little TLC i'm buyin.
Hey Pastamaker, I have a couple of questions for you. What was your compression before you did the piston and bore? What is the compression now? Where did you purchase the parts, local, online from a sponsor? I'm considering doing the same to my 87 soon.

Thanks, nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
pastamaker
Not Yet Wild

NOMO. the comp. was all the way down to 50psi, witch was mainly due to a blown head gasket, but when the motor was out I took a look at the piston (and haveing worked on a few small engines before) I could tell it was a bit sloppy in the cylinder so rather than putting new gaskets in and rebuilding the topend in a couple years I did it now. I don't know what the compresion is now I don't own the kit I used my best friend a boat mechanics and he took it back home before I was done. as far as parts go I went through my buddy so I could get them cheaper but I used Buggies unlimited for tch support and they have pistons, rings, gaskets, whole rebuilt kits, you name it not too bad on price either. I would say that you should not hesitate just order your parts and tear into it 2 strokes are an easy rebuilt just ask anyone on here and I am sure you will get help if you run into any problems. Hope this helps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO