lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
paulhut
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 Clutch Puller Bolt Sources

Hello all,

I have a G1 engine on my workbench right now and want to get the clutch off.
I don't really want to pay $40 or more for a special puller when a m14 x 1.0 bolt and a metal bar will work just as well.

My question is this: Where do I get a m14 x 1.0 bolt?

I have called every hardware store and fastener supply house in Portland, OR but have had no luck.

Does anyone know of a website that sells this bolt?

Thanks,
Paul
paulhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Clutch Puller Bolt Sources

I went through exactly the same thing last year. 14 x 1 mm is not a common fastener size, therefore no one has stock. I located a machine shop who quoted making me bolts. Price was $8.85 ea plus shipping and had to buy a minimum of 3 pcs. Five (5) pcs. would also be at the same $8.85 ea. plus shipping. (This bolt needs to be a grade 8 quality and that is what they quoted). I figured I still would have to make the bar, so I opted to purchase a ready made puller. I suppose if there was enough interest among members, a larger quantity of bolts could be ordered and the cost savings shared, but I did not pursue it as a project. Hope this helps. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
paulhut
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

If the part has to be made by a machine shop how many people would be interested in buying one?

I wasn't even going to make the rod to go behind the bolt. I read on a Polaris forum a method to use water in the clutch shaft. Basically you tip the engine on its side, fill the tube with water, wrap the bolt in thread sealing tape, and screw it into the hole. The water pressure forces the clutch off of the engine. I tried this on the Polaris engine I am installing into my G1 and it worked great. It made a bit of a mess though.

I still need that bolt though.
paulhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Try Grainger or McMaster-Carr.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha