lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
mwtuck
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 "Extensions" on shocks

Hello Everyone,

I just got into the G1 game and was curious about something. I got some new 18x9.5 atv knobby tires for my stock G1. I was wanting to lift the cart just a couple inches for better clearance. We were looking everything over, and my dad thought it would be possible to just put "extensions" on the rear shocks, and that should lift it a couple inches? He thought he could weld up something that would work. Is there anything wrong with that theory? If that is possible, can you do it with the front shocks as well?

Or would it be possible to just get new longer shocks to accomplish the same thing? If so, any suggestions for someone on a budget??

Thanks!!
mwtuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 "Extensions" on shocks

Raising the rear shocks with extentions is the easy part. The front is a another story. The shocks, A arms and tension bars all have to be lifted evenly. Longer shocks would also work.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Field6565
Gone Wild

Here's a few pics of how I lifted mine 2 inches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 019.JPG (95.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 020.JPG (77.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 015.JPG (126.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 003.JPG (97.6 KB, 0 views)
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wink Re: G1 "Extensions" on shocks

on rear just go to ebay and buy a pair of shocks for a Honda atv 400ex around 35-40 bucks some time more plus shipping, works grate and can be adjusted on my g1 a jakes front lift with 400ex shocks but did not use there rear bracket with old shocks just the Honda shocks all I needed and the price was right for me. look around on this sight there are several withers that talk about this very question.m have fun with your cart also you might want to lock up the rear end ther is a drawing on the forum right now that shows how to due it.
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Easy to change the position of the rear mounts and get a couple inches,

the front not so easy..

kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You have to drop the arms and the shocks down in front, or you get tires leaning out on you due to single arm setup. If you want to fit 22s you need to move the arms forward a little to clear them. The rear is easy just jack the shocks up one end or the other, or get longer shocks. Those tires should fit a stock cart anyway, the only way to get better ground clearance at the rear diff is larger tires so lifting does not help much in itself without big rubber. It just makes the cart less stable.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha