lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1A Fuel pump question

I have a book, but it is not for sale!! I will answer your questions at rrgolfcart@nc.rr.com
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
jbfjr
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Governor

I posted previously about the fuel pump for a '79 G1. I put the stock pump on and the engine ran but I had no throttle control...it ran full throttle which was kind of scary when I came out of the hangar at full speed in reverse.

So I adjusted the governor screw by backing it out, and the next time I tried it, it ran much more under control but only for a while. After a few minutes it was back to full throttle only.

The linkage from the governor to the carb is hokey, the previous owner used bailing wire on the carb end.

I thought I had the right manual but I guess a G1A is different from a G1....the pix don't look the same.

I searched the archives and only found a post that suggested the disc in the carb might be missing. Any other tips/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John F.
jbfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A Yamaha G1A means its a gasoline engine G1. The "A" means stands for gasoline as opposed to G1E for electric.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #14
jbfjr
Not Yet Wild

In that case, I do have the right manual which is good because I paid $75 for it! I guess I need to get the linkage right and check the adjustment per the manual. It says that the carb valve should be fully open with the gas pedal fully depressed. The governor adjustment is not so straightforward.

Thanks for the reply...

John F.
jbfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha