lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Fluid change on a 6" lifted g29???

Ok guys my 09 g29 has a few mods so I figured I would go ahead and give it a full tune up. Before changing the engine oil the oil level was just a hair low from the full mark on the stick. I drained all the oil and let it drip for about an hour. After letting it drip I realized there was more than 1 quart of oil in the catch pan. I added 1 quart of Mobil 1 10w30 and after checking the stick its only half way up the mark.

Ok now on to the rear differential. I opened the top fill plug for the rear end oil fill and oil immediately started gushing out so I put the fill plug back on in a hurry. So I removed the bottom drain plug and let it drop for a good 30min while I was doing some yard work. The manual calls for 1.8 quarts and that's roughly the amount that was in my catch pan. So I began to add the fresh new rear end oil and could only get 1 full quart to go before it started spilling back out of the fill hole. I said to my self something isn't right and it occurred to me of the lift putting the rear end and engine at a downward slope. I jacked the cart up the max my floor jack would go and was able to get another .6 of a quart in the rear end.

Here's my question with the increased angle the jakes lift kit puts on the engine and rear should I add more engine oil than just the 1 quart to get the level on the max fill line or not???
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fluid change on a 6" lifted g29???

Btw this carted was purchased from a yamaha dealer with the lift and tires already installed. The engine oil was fresh before I switched to synthetic and by the looks of the rear oil it was never changed for the life of the cart. No metal shavings at all in the rear end fluid. Put a new belt, air filter, spark plug, and fuel filter with some non ethanol fuel.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Got to put a lot of seat time on the cart today. Acceleration now is nice and smooth. Top speed is faster since adding the cart parts plus speed spring. I do still have the hesitation like ive always had when hammering down on the pedal. Engines bogs for a second then takes off. Maybe need a jet kit and air filter box mod from plowmans im not sure.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Got to put a lot of seat time on the cart today. Acceleration now is nice and smooth. Top speed is faster since adding the cart parts plus speed spring. I do still have the hesitation like ive always had when hammering down on the pedal. Engines bogs for a second then takes off. Maybe need a jet kit and air filter box mod from plowmans im not sure.
If your "hesitation" is occurring during the initial off-idle shot, you might be able to compensate by fattening up the idle mixture a little bit. That should help minimize that initial lean out condition, since these carbs have no accelerator pump to give that initial enrichment. I used to do the "slightly rich" idle trick on my lawn mowers for the same reason.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

To fatten would be to turn the screw clockwise or counter clockwise and how many turns???
Old 05-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
To fatten would be to turn the screw clockwise or counter clockwise and how many turns???
The idle mixture screw is a true fuel mixture and not an air bleed so you should back it out counterclockwise to richen the idle fuel/air. There may be a plastic limiter cap on it which prevents more than a small adjustment. This can be removed if you are very careful. As to how much to back it out, I would experiment with 1/4 turns at a time and see if it helps. If you have to go out more than 1 turn, you may need to disassemble and clean out the carb. When I installed my Plowman's jet kit, I was surprised at how gunked up the carb was. A good cleaning might solve your initial problem too.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Designflaw
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Ok guys my 09 g29 has a few mods so I figured I would go ahead and give it a full tune up. Before changing the engine oil the oil level was just a hair low from the full mark on the stick. I drained all the oil and let it drip for about an hour. After letting it drip I realized there was more than 1 quart of oil in the catch pan. I added 1 quart of Mobil 1 10w30 and after checking the stick its only half way up the mark.

Ok now on to the rear differential. I opened the top fill plug for the rear end oil fill and oil immediately started gushing out so I put the fill plug back on in a hurry. So I removed the bottom drain plug and let it drop for a good 30min while I was doing some yard work. The manual calls for 1.8 quarts and that's roughly the amount that was in my catch pan. So I began to add the fresh new rear end oil and could only get 1 full quart to go before it started spilling back out of the fill hole. I said to my self something isn't right and it occurred to me of the lift putting the rear end and engine at a downward slope. I jacked the cart up the max my floor jack would go and was able to get another .6 of a quart in the rear end.

Here's my question with the increased angle the jakes lift kit puts on the engine and rear should I add more engine oil than just the 1 quart to get the level on the max fill line or not???
These are good questions - Do you need to jack the rear to get more fluid in it? and does the engine need to be at the high side of full. I am servicing my cart and installing the Plowman's limited slip so I will be filling my diff. I have a G-22
Designflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha