lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Goes & Stops HOT

Used about a half roll of duct tape to seal the airbox, Red Green would be proud.
Put a clear plastic hose from airbox to valve cover and took off down the road. Ran great for about 100 yards then would die/quit with a couple little puffs that sound like there coming out of the exhaust. Not a big backfire just a little puft.
So, disconnected the hose from the airbox to valve cover made no difference.
After the cart sits for a couple minutes it'l take off and run maybe 40 yards and the same thing happens stop/puft.

Here's the plan:
check spark
check fuel lines and filter
remove fuel line from carb, hit start & see if fuel is getting to carb
drain fuel tank to see if something has gotten clogged

One thing I did notice about the clear plastic filter in the line going from the fuel pump to carb was, there's not a lot of fuel in it but I didn't get a good look at it while the motor was running. Got to dark and skitters were eating me alive.

Also need to check the fuel filter at the bottom of the tank and hose that runs to the fuel pump. That'l be major since the engineer that came up with that design had to have still been mad about WWII and found a great way to get even.

So, what else should I be putting on my check list if none of the above solve the problem?

Thanks all
JP
whiteriver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha