lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #11
G-Mann
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question regarding Forward/Reverse micro switches

We have 96 E-Z-GO TXT with the hockey puck F/R microswitches. It was a little hard for my wife to move the lever below the seat so I remove the lever and hockey puck and put a FWD/REV switch on the dash next to the key switch. It was an easy conversion. Ours has the DCS controller.

Gene, Capt. EMP Fire Dept.
75% of Fire Fighters are 100% volunteer
G-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2020, 09:10 AM   #12
djcvet
Not Yet Wild

I am having sort of the same problem. I have a 1996 EZGO 36volt cart. It just started this problem. When I put the switch in Reverse and pressed on the pedal it would start to go FWD. I would stop and press on the pedal a couple of times and then it would go in reverse. Just today it will not go in reverse at all but still goes forward okay. Any ideas? Could a defective microswitch on the F-R control cause this problem? I pulled both connectors off and did a continuity check. The RH was rock solid but the LH continuity kept jumping around especially when I tapped on the switch itself. Did replacing the MS solve your reverse problem?
djcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #13
Warden902
Getting Wild

New to the forum. I am having issues with my 1999. When I select forward, it goes forward, when I select reverse, it goes forward. Does this mean my reverse micro switch is bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Warden902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden902 View Post
New to the forum. I am having issues with my 1999. When I select forward, it goes forward, when I select reverse, it goes forward. Does this mean my reverse micro switch is bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It is best to start a new thread for each new problem, but this 5 year old thread has already been hijacked a couple of times, it probably won't confuse future readers any more than they already have been.

If your 1999 EZGO has a DCS drive system, then battery pack voltage (38.2V when fully charged) has to be applied to Pin-4 (Orange wire) to tell the controller to do reverse.

If that pin has voltage on it when the F/R is in R, then the controller is bad. if no voltage is on it then the switch or the wiring is bad.
BTW: I attached a schematic and some manuals you may find helpful to my post#7
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:14 PM   #15
Topcat100
Not Yet Wild

very new and hopeful this will work... I do not wish to or for someone to tell me replace this or that, I am looking for a OEM. schematic of the of the controller 1206.... it should have all the info i need... Not the wiring diagram but the controller itself...roger and thanks in advance
Topcat100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #16
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat100 View Post
very new and hopeful this will work... I do not wish to or for someone to tell me replace this or that, I am looking for a OEM. schematic of the of the controller 1206.... it should have all the info i need... Not the wiring diagram but the controller itself...roger and thanks in advance
Best for you to start a new thread with this request as the title. It will be lost at the bottom of this one....Welcome to BGW.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #17
Warden902
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It is best to start a new thread for each new problem, but this 5 year old thread has already been hijacked a couple of times, it probably won't confuse future readers any more than they already have been.

If your 1999 EZGO has a DCS drive system, then battery pack voltage (38.2V when fully charged) has to be applied to Pin-4 (Orange wire) to tell the controller to do reverse.

If that pin has voltage on it when the F/R is in R, then the controller is bad. if no voltage is on it then the switch or the wiring is bad.
BTW: I attached a schematic and some manuals you may find helpful to my post#7
Thank you so much. I will start with your advice.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:09 PM   #18
Warden902
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Best for you to start a new thread with this request as the title. It will be lost at the bottom of this one....Welcome to BGW.
Thanks! If my problem persist, I will start a new thread.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO