lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
bflorin
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax SR-72500 vs SR-48600

There isn't much difference in price between the two. Are there any specific reasons not to go w/ the SR-72500 running at 48 volts w/ a 36 volt motor.... having the option to get into the stupid voltage range at a later time?
bflorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax SR-72500 vs SR-48600

It will work and with some reasonably sane settings the 36v motor should not see anything that will hurt it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
onewheelcop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have purchased the SR48600 to be used on my 36v 2002 ezgo. I am upgrading to a 48v system by way of 8 6v Trojan T105 batteries for far longer run life. I just installed the controller and Solinoid yesterday, and plan on getting everything wired up and the batteries in over the weekend. For now i am leaving the stock motor in it, as I have been told that due to the fact of me having the "BLACK" motor that going to the 48v system with the 600amp controller would more than double the power levels of the stock motor.. So i figured i would see if it would be enough for me for at least a little while until i could recoop from spending $2500 on this build thus far.
onewheelcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheelcop View Post
I have purchased the SR48600 to be used on my 36v 2002 ezgo. I am upgrading to a 48v system by way of 8 6v Trojan T105 batteries for far longer run life. I just installed the controller and Solinoid yesterday, and plan on getting everything wired up and the batteries in over the weekend. For now i am leaving the stock motor in it, as I have been told that due to the fact of me having the "BLACK" motor that going to the 48v system with the 600amp controller would more than double the power levels of the stock motor.. So i figured i would see if it would be enough for me for at least a little while until i could recoop from spending $2500 on this build thus far.
The voltage wouldn't hurt your motor but the extra amperage possibly would shorten it's life. I'd turn the controller max amperage down to 500 or a little less to be safe until you decide to go with an aftermarket one.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO