lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
TiVoNinja
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-Go Marathon - No Power at Full Accelerator Peddle depressed, Works fine otherwise

This is a new cart for me, I did not notice the problem the first couple of drives, but now that I have replaced the batteries I have found that when I put the accelerator peddle all the way to the floor, the engine stops. if I back off just a bit, engine starts and all is good. (both Forward & Reverse)

I am hoping this is just a quick adjustment I need to make, or is this a sign that something else is failing?

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

I have another thread open, about a White Wire coming off the F/R switch that is not connected to anything... don't know if there is any connection.

Update. These are Brand New Batteries, Fully Charged Date Code of 7/2019
TiVoNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-Go Marathon - No Power at Full Accelerator Peddle depressed, Works fine otherw

The throttle potentiometer ( aka pot) is out of adjustment. The signal which is normally 0-5000 ( 0-5k) is most likely going too high for the controller to read so it stops seeing any throttle input and shuts down. Get an ohm meter and check the actual readings at the controller pins 2 & 3 with the cart key OFF and in neutral.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
TiVoNinja
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-Go Marathon - No Power at Full Accelerator Peddle depressed, Works fine otherw

That looks like it it the problem. Any chance that one of the 2 broken resistors are causing the problem?

Or is do I need to replace the POT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1993 Ez-Go Marathon.jpg (249.0 KB, 0 views)
TiVoNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
dan.hoeger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it's kind of hard to tell from this thread if this was resolved fully.

I'm having this exact same issue, I'm new to owning an electric golf cart so not sure what I might need.

I've put new batteries in (but this was happening before the new batteries)

I've also installed a new Solenoid as I was told by someone that could be the issue.
dan.hoeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #5
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dan / TiVo Ninja

90-95 Marathon Troubleshooting Guide. I do not know if this is posted anywhere else on here, I'm sure it is. Phil
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 90-95 MARATHON ELECTRIC TROUBLESHOOTING.pdf (737.5 KB, 0 views)
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #6
dan.hoeger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you
Old 11-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #7
dan.hoeger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On my cart I'm missing the round Yellow "thing" on the control module.

can someone tell me what it is? If I need it and where I can get one?
Old 11-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #8
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.hoeger View Post
On my cart I'm missing the round Yellow "thing" on the control module.

can someone tell me what it is? If I need it and where I can get one?
the yellow thing is a Varistor, its used for circuit protection from spikes and transient voltages generated by the motor. the controller/cart will operate without it, OEM part number 25949-G01.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #9
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoNinja View Post
This is a new cart for me, I did not notice the problem the first couple of drives, but now that I have replaced the batteries I have found that when I put the accelerator peddle all the way to the floor, the engine stops. if I back off just a bit, engine starts and all is good. (both Forward & Reverse)

I am hoping this is just a quick adjustment I need to make, or is this a sign that something else is failing?

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

I have another thread open, about a White Wire coming off the F/R switch that is not connected to anything... don't know if there is any connection.

Update. These are Brand New Batteries, Fully Charged Date Code of 7/2019
TiVo Ninja,

Like ScottyB suggest check the pot box values. at pedal up zero ohms and down should be 5000 ohms. In your picture, the controller is at the top and has 3 smaller wires a blue, black and white. you can pull off the black and white wires and insert the ohm meter leads into the wire ends. note reading with pedal up and than press pedal down. should be between 0 ohms at rest and 5000 ohms to the floor.

another cause could be the accelerator linkage, being its an old cart you could have some worn parts, that can cause this. I would check from the accelerator pedal back to the pot box(page N-10 in trouble shooting guide). for example on my Marathon, I found the pin that holds the pedal to the mount bracket on the floor board was worn in several areas and was not allowing for full motion of the pedal to transfer to the pot box.

the white wire you are asking about is connected the the last battery in the pack (BR), on the positive post. its used to activate the reverse buzzer, wiring diagram is on page N-6 of the trouble shooting guide.

hope this helps - Phil
Old 11-14-2022, 07:43 PM   #10
gbarr44
Not Yet Wild

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tested the white and black wire and at rest it is 7ohm and to the floor is 6900. It also seems that the arm is properly seated on the top stop and doesn’t seem like adjustment is necessary? But yet I still get loss power when pedal to the floor , do I have to replace my POT?

Thanks ,
Grant
gbarr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO