lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2019, 07:38 AM   #11
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throttle jerking on acceleration

Maybe the microswitch has worked itself loose... just a thought
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2019, 10:17 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolflt View Post
What kind of app or program or software do you have to have to communicate with these controllers?
"Toolkit" Free software from Alltrax.
https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:22 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB225 View Post
I am using the controller at whatever it was set to from factory. I will see about getting a cord to plug into the controller. It worked fine for about two months and then the jerking started. A few months ago the microswitch in the throttle box went out. I replaced it but still have the jerking. Now the jerking is so bad I'm afraid it might break something.
It ran fine for tow months and then started misbehaving. Can you think of any event that happened shortly preceding the cart starting to act up?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #14
ONEDAY
Gone Wild

Really . I didn't know that BGW was Scottyb's personal Tech support. That's just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB225 View Post
Thanks for the response. I bought my controller and solenoid from carts unlimited. When I went to their site is says to post on here to get help troubleshooting but I haven't been able to get any of the experts to chime in on either of my posts so far. I've bought font and rear baskets, wheels and tires and several other parts from this sites sponsors. Guess I'll try throwing a new solenoid at it and see if that fixes anything.
ONEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #15
ChrisB225
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It ran fine for tow months and then started misbehaving. Can you think of any event that happened shortly preceding the cart starting to act up?
The only thing I can think of is it possibly got water up to almost floor level one day crossing a small creek. That's been about a year ago.
ChrisB225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #16
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDAY View Post
Really . I didn't know that BGW was Scottyb's personal Tech support. That's just wrong.
This is news to the admins and moderators as well. I think we all should expect better from our sponsors and generally they stand behind what they sell. I'd like to know what Scotty has to say for himself.

Better be more than crickets, and soon!!!

Azboo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #17
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
This is news to the admins and moderators as well. I think we all should expect better from our sponsors and generally they stand behind what they sell. I'd like to know what Scotty has to say for himself.

Better be more than crickets, and soon!!!

Azboo

I, myself thought it was excellent advice... assuming of course that the uncorroborated assertion proves to be factual as others have clearly predetermined it to be

‘Merica
Old 10-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #18
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolflt View Post
I, myself thought it was excellent advice... assuming of course that the uncorroborated assertion proves to be factual as others have clearly predetermined it to be

‘Merica
This is always an excellent place to seek advice. But the source of the purchase should also be readily available if needed.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #19
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He actually is always available via his email at Carts Unlimited and he responds right promptly... He also... as a courtesy... Has on his website, a link to this most excellent information resource of a website

I doubt Scotty sent him here so that he didn’t have to help him... I suspect that he sent him here because his problem isn’t with faulty parts... at least not the parts he purchased at Carts unlimited... and he knew that he was gonna need some assistance running it down

I don’t think it’s a solenoid issue but I ain’t brilliant enough to know what it might be without checking it myself
Old 10-22-2019, 06:05 AM   #20
ChrisB225
Not Yet Wild

I stopped by a golf cart dealer in Dallas and he said right away it sounds like the throttle sensor. Told me to get on Amazon and try one of these $25 parts before I brought it in to him. Sure enough that fixed it. Thanks for everyone's help.
ChrisB225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO