lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
89redgt
Not Yet Wild

Default front end help

Finally!! Thanks to patient help from the members of the board, my cart is now operational and zipping along at a blistering 12mph verified by GPS.. a new motor from Plum Quick is on the way and will solve that issue.
My next order of business is to sort out the front end.. the steering is very sloppy and aggravated by 21" tires.
After jacking it up I can see that one of the ball joints is just flopping around where its mounted to that rectangular piece connected to the steering rack. I think I should just replace all 4 ball joints. My question is where do I source those and is it better just to replace the entire ti-rod assembly for each side? Also, can these steering racks be rebuilt?
Thanks!!
1995 EzGO TXT with 21" tires and lift kit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95 ezgo ball joint.jpg (135.9 KB, 0 views)
89redgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: front end help

you can easily find the ball joints at most off of our sponsors...just pick one, you really can't go wrong.

and seeing as how they are all the same age....yes, if it were me....I would do them all.....but that's just me.

can you rebuild the steering assembly?? sure.....all the pieces parts are mostly available.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO