lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
clnorris75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Reverse Buzzer with SW202

Now that I have my SW202 hooked up to my 36v TXT and working I am really enjoying the upgrade. It is a must in my opinion.

Does anyone have step by step instruction on connecting a reverse buzzer to the F&R rocker switch so that it comes on when reverse is selected? I have seen posts that have addressed parts of installation but none that layout the process. I want to put a buzzer/speaker back on for safety and awareness purposes.
clnorris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse Buzzer with SW202

Simply jumper the F&R rocker 2 center posts. This activates the second row. The tab directly under the F letter will then be hot (+) when the cart is in R, this is the activation terminal. Run a wire from here to the buzzer. Then wire the other buzzer - to the battery -.
Alternatively you can pic up this same + activation at the reverse side of the SW202 coil also.
I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally don't like that method as the Reverse buzzer will only make noise after You press the pedal which in my opinion is too late.

I would rather run a new positive wire from the cold side of the key switch to the center tab of the unused side of the F&R toggle switch.

Connect the buzzer positive wire to the unused side of the F&R toggle switch on the reverse wire side.

That way the reverse buzzer will make a sound as soon as the F&R is on reverse without having to press the pedal.

Remember the purpose of the Reverse buzzer is to notify the driver that the cart is going to move backwards when they press the pedal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
clnorris75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How do I determine the cold side of the key switch?
Old 10-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just to be clear, this is an option and not the only way, it just depends on how you want it to work.

With Key Switch OFF, probe each side of the Key Switch for voltage using your Multi Meter set to DC Volts:
The Side with pack voltage is the Hot side.
The Side with 0v is the Cold side.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:47 PM   #6
clnorris75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Perfect, thanks again, Sergio!

Tags
reverse buzzer, sw202
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO