lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2019, 03:42 AM   #21
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Aftermarket controller option

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNick View Post
Hey gang! Sorry been out of town for a few weeks. Trying to get going on these carts. Ive talked to a few shops about the Navitas 600 amp controller. They're saying that they will work fine on the stock Series motor and F/R switch. Just upgrade the stock wires to 4 gauge(2 gauge not necessary) from what they're saying. Also upgrade the solenoid. I had mentioned the possibility of upgrading the series motor to a sepix/regen motor and they say it cant be done on an 07 TXT cart? This was Nivel tech for reference. Certainly if I can I would prefer to get better performance. Going with Crown batteries as the local shop here dosen't require a core charge compared to us battery and trojan. At the least I plan on going up to 48v with the stock motor or an upgraded if possible?
Unless for some reason the shaft on a 48v sepex will not physically mate up with the rear end, I see no reason why you could not convert to sepex as the same Navitas controller will support both series and sepex.

However, I am not sure it would be worth it to change from series to sepex, I probably would just run the stock series motor at 48v.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2019, 12:22 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Aftermarket controller option

Ezgo in 07 used the same axle for both so yes a sepex motor will bolt up where a series was. Primary advantage of the sepex is speed and lack of a heavy mechanical fnr switch assembly. You just need a sepex controller, a plug that will plug into said controller, an fnr toggle switch and motor of course.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO