lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
I_HAV2_POOP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bob Boyce!!! Need help with 48v solenoid!!!

Bob Boyce, I can figure out what 48v solenoid I need, what is the Trombetta part number for the 48v one for my controller you molded up for me.

The solenoid that is on my cart right now is a Trombetta 684-3641-012-26.

What part number do I need to order???
I_HAV2_POOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bob Boyce!!! Need help with 48v solenoid!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HAV2_POOP View Post
Bob Boyce, I can figure out what 48v solenoid I need, what is the Trombetta part number for the 48v one for my controller you molded up for me.

The solenoid that is on my cart right now is a Trombetta 684-3641-012-26.

What part number do I need to order???
In stock form, the RXV uses a 36v solenoid. However, that can be changed and Bob may have changed that to 48v for you. Not sure what part number to tell you, but be sure you get one rated for continuous duty.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:23 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Almost all rxv used 36v solenoids. But, in the last couple yesrs they have switched exclusively to 48v solenoids. Unfortunately, the correct trombetta solenoids that are 36v & 48v look the same visually (but have different part numbers). Any curtis rxv can be programmed to use 36v or 48v solenoids.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

His controller is set to use a 36V solenoid, and has already been mailed back out to him. While I had his controller on the bench, I found a recent hours repeated history of the solenoid failing to close. I did not want his controller to get corrupted by a failing solenoid, so I advised him to change it. I thought he said it was in a 2016 RXV, so I advised him to get a 48V solenoid. I just checked the controller file and it is indeed set for a 36V solenoid... It looks like maybe the original 1206AC-5211 controller was replaced with an earlier 1206AC-5201 controller at some point, as it has a very early 2015 date code. That would explain the solenoid failed to close error list! Be sure to get a 36V solenoid to put in that RXV! The solenoid in the cart is probably fine, but being a 2016 it is the wrong voltage for the controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
I_HAV2_POOP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob, I will do that! You are the man!
I_HAV2_POOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v solenoid, bob boyce, hd solenoid rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO