lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Terminal Protector spray.

Man I don't want to jinx myself here but when I put my batteries and new cables in 5 plus years ago I wire brushed every connection till bright and shiny. To this day they have absolutely never had one bit of corrosion...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you smear greasy products all over your terminals, and I have to work on it, you can bet I'll be blastng that nasty **** off & charging you for the cleanup. A bit of corrosion (that didn't spray off in the initial cleaning) cleans off my sockets & wrenches easily with a dip in the baking soda-water. That nasty greasy stuff has to be carefully hand-cleaned from my tool to keep from spreading AIDS everywhere. (Your grease picks up corrosion from every terminal I touch, and spreads it). I don't want to spread AIDS from some nasty apartment complex girl everywhere! There ain't no "Jimmy hats" for wrenches! I use ZEPs red battery coat. It dries "non-sticky", works good, and, as a side benefit, identifies what we worked on. I would rather you hose it down with spray paint (its actually pretty effective), as opposed to smearing greasy crap everywhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, that guy "The battery guy" has gotten pretty popular in our area. You know them, undercuts the local dealer by $50-100 for a battery job, promises "all new cables", does it in your driveway.... that guy 'effs up so much stuff its unreal. Uses the worst/cheapest cables possible, and usually "lost your number" if you try & call them back. They are pretty notorious for damaging RXVs around here.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If you smear greasy products all over your terminals, and I have to work on it, you can bet I'll be blastng that nasty **** off & charging you for the cleanup. A bit of corrosion (that didn't spray off in the initial cleaning) cleans off my sockets & wrenches easily with a dip in the baking soda-water. That nasty greasy stuff has to be carefully hand-cleaned from my tool to keep from spreading AIDS everywhere. (Your grease picks up corrosion from every terminal I touch, and spreads it). I don't want to spread AIDS from some nasty apartment complex girl everywhere! There ain't no "Jimmy hats" for wrenches! I use ZEPs red battery coat. It dries "non-sticky", works good, and, as a side benefit, identifies what we worked on. I would rather you hose it down with spray paint (its actually pretty effective), as opposed to smearing greasy crap everywhere.
I agree.

If you don't do your own cart maintenance, be considerate of those that work on it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:13 PM   #15
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Did Somebody say "Nasty apartment complex Girls" dag nap it son! Get a old man heart a racing
We also will charge extra depending on Clean-up time. Especially on any battery tray clean up or repair.
Concerning that terminal shaving tool, never used them, cuts too deep exposing the bolt head in the battery. a good wire brushing on a power drill will clean them up just fine.
The issue in this area is folks believe they can choose & replace their own batteries. Most do a great job, however when a see a set of Dura Cell wired in backwards with the complaint "My Cart want run" i laugh quietly to myself....
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO