lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
515larryt
Not Yet Wild

Default help! dead ezgo txt

Hi Ev1 , here the scenario, I recently built a new home and during that time I had much of my belonging in a storage unit.. including my 36 volt ezgo txt. Well its time to get it home and the batteries are dead.. No outlets in the storage unit .. any ideas how I can get a charge in the batteries so I can drive it up on my trailer?

Thanks
515larryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help! dead ezgo txt

You can charge then 2 at a time with a 12V charger to get the pack voltage high enough for the 36V charge to kick on. (Typically takes about 30V to get the older 36V chargers to turn on)

However, if the batteries sat for more than half a year or so, they are probably boat anchors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Wiring - TXT and Medalist -12V charger.JPG (36.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would just push it into your trailer if I were you. If there are no outlets there I wouldn’t try to drive it until it has been fully charged and the batteries have plenty of water in them. Like JohnnieB said, they are likely bad, but worth a try.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #4
515larryt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys .. I will go with pushing it and then checking the batteries once home appreciate the input cheers
515larryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO