lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2020, 09:45 PM   #1
RipFX20
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 RXV Problems accelerating

Have a 2011 RXV, been having trouble with acceleration, turn key to forward, seliniod clicks in, cart will start moving forward, and if you are on a slight incline it will start moving and just shut down with the brake locking up. Does it on level ground at times also, batteries are fully charged, showing 50.1 volts, drops to 48 thru the selinoid.
Today it done it with my grandsons riding around on it, and by the time they got back with it the motor was so hot it took 45 minutes to cool off.
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
RipFX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2020, 02:44 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 RXV Problems accelerating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipFX20 View Post
Have a 2011 RXV, been having trouble with acceleration, turn key to forward, seliniod clicks in, cart will start moving forward, and if you are on a slight incline it will start moving and just shut down with the brake locking up. Does it on level ground at times also, batteries are fully charged, showing 50.1 volts, drops to 48 thru the selinoid.
Today it done it with my grandsons riding around on it, and by the time they got back with it the motor was so hot it took 45 minutes to cool off.
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Common RXV issue as batteries age. Obviously the battery voltage is fine at rest when checked, but under load the voltage sags. 48V is dead. The solenoids used on those early RXVs were also not very good. I would suggest that you replace the solenoid first with the 36V (coil voltage) 400A solenoid used with the newer Curtis controllers.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
RipFX20
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help, the batteries are less than a year old.
I will see if I can get one of the newer selinoids ordered this week and give that a try, and I am planning on checking the battery voltage while driving it this weekend.
RipFX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

One cannot assess battery health by age, only by how they actually perform in the cart, or on a discharge test.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problems accelerating
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO