lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #11
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Problem After New Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My thoughts are that is the design limit of that motor at the given voltage with the given load. Collect a monitor file while running up 0-60 a couple of times and post it here
Will do Scotty... as soon as figure out posting files here. lol
Thanks man!
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Correct me if I am wrong, but in your first post you stated the cart with that same motor was doing about 24MPH when it was being fed from a DCX400 controller from a 36V battery pack.

The only changes has been upgrading to a XCT48400-PDS controller and a 400A solenoid. Now the cart will only do about 14MPH (3500RPM)

Appears that correct field map is installed.

Getting 100% throttle. (Green LED goes to Yellow with pedal on floor)

----------------
On then monitor screen, is the reverse switch selected when cart is going forward and will only do 14MPH? (F/R switch or motor miswired)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:39 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGoneWild View Post
Will do Scotty... as soon as figure out posting files here. lol
Thanks man!
The data log will be in a .csv (comma separated values) file, which cannot be attached to a post on BGW, so zip it into a .zip file, which can be attached.

Use the paper clip to attach stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paperclip circled.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #14
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but in your first post you stated the cart with that same motor was doing about 24MPH when it was being fed from a DCX400 controller from a 36V battery pack.

The only changes has been upgrading to a XCT48400-PDS controller and a 400A solenoid. Now the cart will only do about 14MPH (3500RPM)

----------------
On then monitor screen, is the reverse switch selected when cart is going forward and will only do 14MPH? (F/R switch or motor miswired)
correct. Only other thing I replaced was all battery cables when I found one bad one going from 5th to the 6th one. New ones are 2gauge
Old 03-27-2020, 09:20 PM   #15
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB, missed your question on the monitor reading and the F/R switch. I'll check that tomorrow and get back to you
Old 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #16
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

----------------
F/R switch seems right, both go as commanded. And yes it does 14mph in forward. You got my curiosity up, while I was in the program, I moved up max reverse speed from 50% to 100% just to see what happens. Motor sounded better in reverse and put out aprox. 4200 rpms. Still not what im looking for but better motor wise i guess. I have since put reverse back down to 50%. No change to forward rpms tho... still around 3600 floored.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Weird, that the motor will spin faster in reverse.

Maybe something happened to motor when the DCX fried.

Or it might be something simple like the motor needing brushes.

Motor is probably due for a thorough cleaning inside and out, new brushes and a new bearing.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:35 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:

----------------

Good catch, JB. Controller could have wrong magnet count selected or it could think it's in reverse (reduced speed)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:39 AM   #19
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Weird, that the motor will spin faster in reverse.

Maybe something happened to motor when the DCX fried.

Or it might be something simple like the motor needing brushes.

Motor is probably due for a thorough cleaning inside and out, new brushes and a new bearing.
Yeah I was afraid this was starting to point to the motor. Frying of the DCX looked pretty sever. Your possible diagnoses takes me out of the picture when it come to me fixing this thing. Guess I'll be taking it back to the shop. I'll use your suggestions above there. Maybe I'll even sound like I know what I'm talking about. lol
Thanks for your help and you patience. I've learned a lot here.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:13 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGoneWild View Post
Yeah I was afraid this was starting to point to the motor. Frying of the DCX looked pretty sever. Your possible diagnoses takes me out of the picture when it come to me fixing this thing. Guess I'll be taking it back to the shop. I'll use your suggestions above there. Maybe I'll even sound like I know what I'm talking about. lol
Thanks for your help and you patience. I've learned a lot here.
We've all learned stuff on this forum. I have a halfway decent engineering background and a far better troubleshooting background than most people, but the bulk of what I know about golf carts has been acquired on BGW.

If possible, before sending cart to shop, please record a data log and post it. There are a couple things I'd like to see. For instance motor voltage at top speed, field amps at top speed and some other stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO