lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
Pizzle
Not Yet Wild

Default Rxv speed comparisson

I have a 2008 non lifted RXV width 14 inch low profile Wheels brand new one month old batteries. Before I put the tires on the cart ran about 13 miles an hour maybe 14 according to the phone GPS. After putting the tires on I get a solid 17 miles per hour going uphill and downhill. I suspected I get the game with a 14 inch tire like you would with anything else. My other cart I just put brand new batteries in it and it is lifted with 14 inch tires 23 in tread and all I get out of it is 16 miles per hour uphill or down. Is it possible the 2008 with Factory programmed at 13 miles an hour and the 2009 was programmed at 11 miles an hour. All variables considered both were stock carts but the one that is lowered is faster than the one that has the big tires. I was truly expecting about 20 out of the lifted one considering the other one goes 17 miles an hour. Please educate me if you can I'm scratching my head on this oneboth carts have new 4g wires and new motor brakes as well.
Pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2020, 05:08 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv speed comparisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
I have a 2008 non lifted RXV width 14 inch low profile Wheels brand new one month old batteries. Before I put the tires on the cart ran about 13 miles an hour maybe 14 according to the phone GPS. After putting the tires on I get a solid 17 miles per hour going uphill and downhill. I suspected I get the game with a 14 inch tire like you would with anything else. My other cart I just put brand new batteries in it and it is lifted with 14 inch tires 23 in tread and all I get out of it is 16 miles per hour uphill or down. Is it possible the 2008 with Factory programmed at 13 miles an hour and the 2009 was programmed at 11 miles an hour. All variables considered both were stock carts but the one that is lowered is faster than the one that has the big tires. I was truly expecting about 20 out of the lifted one considering the other one goes 17 miles an hour. Please educate me if you can I'm scratching my head on this oneboth carts have new 4g wires and new motor brakes as well.
RXVs are RPM regulated, not speed regulated. But if the motor cannot reach the set RPM limit, it'll never reach that set speed or higher.

You'll likely have the stock Danaher controller, which limits at about 150 Amps per phase. When you put the 23" tires on the cart, it takes a LOT more current to turn those tires, Without the 350 Amp Curtis controller upgrade, it'll slow you more than smaller 20.5" tires will deliver. Speed settings in the profile will make a difference, but the lack of current capacity will override those settings and prevent you from reaching the RPM required to reach the speed that it could hit. The stock controller may burn out from running under that max current limit constantly, depends on how hot the weather is where you are operating it. When the controller heat sink exceeds temperature limit, it'll slow to a crawl until it cools off. Each time it does that, it does more and more damage to the contrioller. It'll eventually fail totally. With 23" tires, you'll need 2 guage wires, not 4 guage.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pizzle where are you located?
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #4
Pizzle
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the response Bob. It is clear you know your stuff! These carts are for my boy and wife do i dont want them super fast. I was under the impression like with other carts if they had bigger tires they would be faster but also loose torque. Understanding the difference in ac vs dc it sounds like i am limited to the stock controllers. I did have another lifted rxv that ran the same 23 inch tires and 4g wires and it ran about 28mph on the stock gray box controller which i was assumed was programmed.

So in your opinion i need to upgrade 2g cables if i want to keep the 23s and if i go with 2g cables and want to hit 20-22 max, what speed setting should i use? Upgrading controllers at this time is not in the playbook. And i dont want to fry anything either. If needed i could get some stock spindles and take the lift off and go back to street tires.

Thank you for your response.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
Pizzle
Not Yet Wild

Badandyturbo - im in fort worth texas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO