lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2020, 04:29 PM   #11
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger clicks on and off and on ...

36v d style plug
macheff03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Where in SC ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #13
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Charleston... you got one? I could drive if your close (100 miles or so)
Old 04-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I’m in Aiken so not too far but brother lives in North Charleston. Let me look and see what I have.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:58 AM   #15
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That would be great
I got nothing on my schedule except home projects thanks to this quarantine

Just let me know
Old 04-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I struck out the first place I looked but will check Friday when I get to the shop
Old 04-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #17
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for trying and just let me know
Old 04-07-2020, 10:57 PM   #18
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macheff03 View Post
Hahaha fair enough

Guess I’ll start my search to find a used one that doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg...
I deal with customers who have a similar issue:

They see what it costs up front now, but have zero concept of cost-over-time

Example:

Customer brings in RXV and a QE along with it, claims his charger blew up in a spectactular shower of sparks (likely EOL'd his controller as well). Repair car, and offer to replace charger. A new QE costs $150 "remanufactured" or $250 new. Either one will likely fail AGAIN 1-3 years later (average span from experience) and this customer ends up replacing chargers and possibly more controllers and paying that money again and again and again ad infinitum.

But we offer a nicer charger, one that actually will maintain charge over the winter (Oh, if I can tell you how many 'dead battery specials' arrive in spring from folks who leave them plugged in expecting to be fully charged after 6 months!) and it's American Made, we have not seen one fail yet, and it's repairable. It's essentially a smart version of an old ferro-resonant charger. It costs $450--now here's the problem. Customer sees $150-250 vs. $450, refusing to understand that they will be either spending $150-250 every few years, which adds up, or $450 once and done for life. I cannot for the life of me get them to grasp that concept. As a result, we will never see the end of Dead QE Mountain and EZGO will still ship new cars with them assuming they're a huge success!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #19
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
I deal with customers who have a similar issue:

They see what it costs up front now, but have zero concept of cost-over-time

Example:

Customer brings in RXV and a QE along with it, claims his charger blew up in a spectactular shower of sparks (likely EOL'd his controller as well). Repair car, and offer to replace charger. A new QE costs $150 "remanufactured" or $250 new. Either one will likely fail AGAIN 1-3 years later (average span from experience) and this customer ends up replacing chargers and possibly more controllers and paying that money again and again and again ad infinitum.

But we offer a nicer charger, one that actually will maintain charge over the winter (Oh, if I can tell you how many 'dead battery specials' arrive in spring from folks who leave them plugged in expecting to be fully charged after 6 months!) and it's American Made, we have not seen one fail yet, and it's repairable. It's essentially a smart version of an old ferro-resonant charger. It costs $450--now here's the problem. Customer sees $150-250 vs. $450, refusing to understand that they will be either spending $150-250 every few years, which adds up, or $450 once and done for life. I cannot for the life of me get them to grasp that concept. As a result, we will never see the end of Dead QE Mountain and EZGO will still ship new cars with them assuming they're a huge success!

I completely agree with you on that concept, and for the most part will not be that way, but 450 is a lot for a charger

Couldn’t I find a used charger on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist. That’s where I’ve been searching

Not the QE of course
Old 04-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Some people over in the CC forum have been trying these and give them pretty good reviews so far. Relatively new so no one over there has had one for a long time yet. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPWNHD4...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Also Lester Summit II https://www.cartsunlimited.net/lester-summit-ii.html A little bit more money but can charge 36 and 48v so you'll be ready for future upgrades. Bluethooth. Adjustable for the specific brand and AH capacity of your batteries. State of the art.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO