lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
Cgogel26
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Marathon 1976

Hi,

New to the board. Just recently purchased a 1976 EZGO Marathon and wanted to know some specifics before I start to take it apart. With this being my first rebuild I figured what better place to ask for assistance.

1. One of the first things I wanted to know or ask what people opinions are, what is this type of metal is the body as well as the gray liners around it. It seems to be aluminum but maybe it’s fiberglass?

2. I have already purchased and put new batteries in, runs great, but want to know if there is a way to go faster? Aside from purchasing a new motor.

3. When driven it has a little bumpy ride to it, now the shocks haven’t been touched in yrs, but how difficult are they to replace and does anyone have any suggestions as far as parts.

4. Lastly, the dash, extremely old and needs and upgrade. Has anyone replaced the dash and if so what dash did you purchase. Most of the dashes I have seen have been for the TXTs.

I have attached some pictures.

Thanks for your help in advance. This is my first time doing any of this so my apologies if some of the questions seem elementary.
Cgogel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO Marathon 1976

The body is sheet metal – regular steel I believe. As far as a bumpy ride, it might be worth checking to see if the tires are “oval” from sitting for years. That’s pretty common.

For the dash, I’ve seen a few Marathon options but I wouldn’t know if they fit the old body style Marathon or just the ‘88+ models. Someone here will know.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

You want to go faster.... volts gives you speed, amps gives you torque. The 36v motor can handle 48 volts for a while... unfortunately the resistor coils/solenoid will not. If you want to faster instead of buying a motor, your better off upgrading to a high amperage solid state controller. You will get more run time and better performance. There are plenty of threads in here on it.

P.S. welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #4
Cgogel26
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
The body is sheet metal – regular steel I believe. As far as a bumpy ride, it might be worth checking to see if the tires are “oval” from sitting for years. That’s pretty common.

For the dash, I’ve seen a few Marathon options but I wouldn’t know if they fit the old body style Marathon or just the ‘88+ models. Someone here will know.
Thanks for the response. I recently bought new tires and replaced the old ones and the ride was still bumpy. Definitely is coming from the back. The dash will be interesting, thinking about building something custom. If I go that route I will definitely posh pictures.

Does anyone have an older Marathon dash? Or make them?
Cgogel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO