lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #21
Wyatt Jane
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: key switch question

I have a 2012 EZGO RTV. You turn the switch and can hear it engaging but won’t move most of the time. You leave it in the selected gear (forward or reverse) flip the tow switch under the seat from run to tow and back. Then it works in the selected gear direction.

What’s the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wyatt Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Most likely motor brake test fail.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #23
sailfishgolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
There are essentially three ways of getting 12V for accessories.
* Use two of the 6V batteries in the series string.
* Use a 36V (48V - or whatever) to 12V DC to DC converter.
* Install an auxiliary 12V battery to run the accessories.

The 12V can be ran through a Off/On/Lights type keyswitch or through a separate switch or switches of your choosing, that you install.

Some people construct very elaborate power control panels for accessories, others use very basic ones, the variations are pretty much limited to your imagination and financial resources.
Greetings...I hope you can help: I have 1997 EZGO TXT (electric) . I have installed a reliance DC converter. Checking the key switch (its a 3 position switch; off, on , lights) I DO NOT have 36V at the switch. I don't have 12V either. It is the original wiring. I cannot find where to connect the Reliance DC converter GREEN wire to to allow the Converter to operate when the key is in the "ON" position as the installation instruction from Reliance state.

I have pics of the key switch if needed.

I am unable to find any information on this situation. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
sailfishgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfishgolfer View Post
Greetings...I hope you can help: I have 1997 EZGO TXT (electric) . I have installed a reliance DC converter. Checking the key switch (its a 3 position switch; off, on , lights) I DO NOT have 36V at the switch. I don't have 12V either. It is the original wiring. I cannot find where to connect the Reliance DC converter GREEN wire to to allow the Converter to operate when the key is in the "ON" position as the installation instruction from Reliance state.

I have pics of the key switch if needed.

I am unable to find any information on this situation. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
It would be best to start a new thread for each individual problem, however you have to have 36V at the keyswitch for the cart to run, or someone has bypassed the keyswitch. So the first step is getting 36V to the keyswitch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #25
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfishgolfer View Post
Checking the key switch (its a 3 position switch; off, on , lights) I DO NOT have 36V at the switch. I don't have 12V either. It is the original wiring.
You cannot measure voltage at the key switch between any terminals because they are ALL POSITIVE. One is 36V+, and another is 12V+. The other two become 36v+ or 12v+ when each part of the switch is activated. To find voltage on the keyswitch attach your negative probe of your multimeter to the MAIN PACK NEGATIVE. Now your positive probe can find voltage on ANY positive wire.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO