lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Convert Excel to IQ

I have a 2014 Excel Club Car (JE1440-) that I am considering converting from the Excel to IQ. I have replaced the original motor with a PQ Bandit and bigger cables. While that is an improvement, I would like both more torque and higher speed.
I have seen two different part numbers for the IQ Wire Harness. Not sure what the difference is (except price).
They are: 103374901 and 103496901. I have read that the later is a "complete wire harness".
Can anyone explain in more detail what the difference is and give me an idea of which one would be easiest to use on my cart.
The next question is on the charger. My cart uses the new "ERIC" charger so I do not have an OBC. When I convert to the IQ, will the charger still work or will I need to get a different charger (DPI?).
Thanks in advance for the help.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Convert Excel to IQ

This sounds like a question for TahoeDawg!!!
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

No matter if you have an Excel or IQ if you want more torque and speed you are going to need both a bigger solenoid and controller.... You can stay with an Excel wiring harness and get a Curtis 1268 controller for the Excel from FSIP for under 500.00 which will have your cart moving like plum quik! My cart has the Executioner motor and easily breaks 30 to 35 MPH with a resent GPS reading going 40 MPH.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
No matter if you have an Excel or IQ if you want more torque and speed you are going to need both a bigger solenoid and controller.... You can stay with an Excel wiring harness and get a Curtis 1268 controller for the Excel from FSIP for under 500.00 which will have your cart moving like plum quik! My cart has the Executioner motor and easily breaks 30 to 35 MPH with a resent GPS reading going 40 MPH.....
That is what I am looking for. So a Curtis 1268 and bigger solenoid.

Is the Executioner motor from PQ a "special" for the Excel, or the same as for the IQ? Did you have to provide a "core" for it? Is there anything specific that you had to tell PQ to get the correct motor that would work?

Another question: Other than the controller, solenoid, and motor, was there any wiring changes you had to do for it to work?

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
His Excel isn't the same as your Excel..... The new cars without the OBC use a White Excel controller. It's a totally different animal in every aspect of the game.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
That is what I am looking for. So a Curtis 1268 and bigger solenoid.

Is the Executioner motor from PQ a "special" for the Excel, or the same as for the IQ? Did you have to provide a "core" for it? Is there anything specific that you had to tell PQ to get the correct motor that would work?

Another question: Other than the controller, solenoid, and motor, was there any wiring changes you had to do for it to work?

Thanks for the info!
I'll PM you my phone number so we can talk about it.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks TahoeDawg!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
His Excel isn't the same as your Excel..... The new cars without the OBC use a White Excel controller. It's a totally different animal in every aspect of the game.
As always this be why we should ask questions before buying.... FSIP would have asked for lots of info before selling anybody a controller ....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
As always this be why we should ask questions before buying.... FSIP would have asked for lots of info before selling anybody a controller ....
Yep. Everything is so different about the new cars. I'm not sure if the wiring is the same or not, but I would imagine it's different. I don't have a schematic yet. Hopefully it'll be released soon.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got the service manual for my 2014 when I got the cart. I always try to do that with cars and golf carts when I buy them.
TahoeDawg, looks like I am going to take your advice and convert to IQ.
Thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car