lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #21
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go battery drain fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser View Post
Batteries i believe are only two years old or so. Would there be a reason they are not charging all the way. I noticed the charger plug is a little dark. Would resistance there cause the charger to cut off early. Havent timed charge time. Also are there production dates on batteries.
Yes, a bad connection on the charger plug could cause some problems too. After charging about 10 minutes unplug charger connector from cart and see if the connector pins are getting hot. Slightly warm might be normal but if they are hot you may have a poor connection there. Merry Christmas.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Trojan 105 say E2 on neg post. May 2012 correct?
Yes...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #23
Gasser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok so starting to look at the charger. I dissasebled and cleaned connections.If i plug the charger in it is putting put 34.0 volts. Ammeter does not appear to be working. Charger runs twenty or so minutes then cuts off. Wondering what voltage charger cuts on and off. I keep plugging it in to see if voltages will increase but havent. Ughhh. I believe i have a charger issue. I hope i havent fried the batteries in the mean time.
Gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok so starting to look at the charger. I dissasebled and cleaned connections.If i plug the charger in it is putting put 34.0 volts. Ammeter does not appear to be working. Charger runs twenty or so minutes then cuts off. Wondering what voltage charger cuts on and off. I keep plugging it in to see if voltages will increase but havent. Ughhh. I believe i have a charger issue. I hope i havent fried the batteries in the mean time.
The turn-on voltage is about 28V. It is the pack voltage that actually turns on the charger by energizing the relay that connects AC power to the transformer The relay coil voltage rating is 36V, so whatever the minimum voltage the specific relay installed in the charger will close its contacts, is the minimum turn on voltage for that charger.

The turn off voltage for a PW 28115 charger is in the 44.0V to 46.0V range, as measured between the red and black wire attached to the control board in the charger.

Attached are a schematic and the service manual for your charger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW Charger Schematic.JPG (47.4 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PW Charger manual.pdf (3.02 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #25
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds to me like your charger is not working or turning on at all. The 34 Volts is probably just the battery voltage. Disconnect the charger and you will still have the same 34V. That said now look for an open circuit in the charging circuit or the battery interconnect cables.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #26
Gasser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok that seems to be the range it is operating in. Then why after sitting awhile would the individual battery volts be low as well as total pack voltage? There are no auxillary sources on this system. Also what would cause the ammeter to not work on charger?
Old 12-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The ammeter will have no amp flow to show if the charger voltage output is not higher than the current pack voltage (what i am saying is, i dont think the meter is bad). I would be looking at the capacitor in the charger, and the output of the transformer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #28
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try another charger if you can borrow one and see if it charges batteries. If you don't charge them soon they will forever loose some capacity.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #29
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you hear the transformer in the charger humming?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #30
Gasser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah it hums and digital voltmeter jumps from 37.8 after resting an hour or so to 44.0 or so.

Tags
trojan 105
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO